Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Save games only work when logged in as superuser.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    oldhairyone
    Participant

Basically what the title says. I’ve set the roms to save srm files and states in the folders I want, but it will only save when logged in as su. Pi can use the files, but can’t create it’s own States.

Any ideas?

Thanks

sselph
    Participant

Seems the permissions have gotten in an odd state so the owner is root but pi can read. if you run something like:
    sudo chown -R pi:pi /home/pi

it will set the owner of the pi folder and all subfolder back to pi user. If you are saving to a folder not under /home/pi you’d need to specify that folder.

EDIT:
    Sorry, didn’t notice that the roms dir isn’t supposed to be owned by pi so might need to do the following to revert that back
    sudo chown root:pi /home/pi/RetroPie/roms
    sudo chown root:pi /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/*
    sudo chmod g+w /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/*
    sudo chown -f -R pi:pi /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/*/*

oldhairyone
    Participant

Tried it, but it still won’t save as pi. My saves are stored at /media/usb/romsaves. I used the command you suggested on both /media/usb and /media/usb/romsaves, but after romsaves it said ‘operation not permitted’ on the three srm files in there. I checked permission using ls -ld and it said pi owned /media/usb, but root owned /media/usb/romsaves.

oldhairyone
    Participant

Just tried making root own /media/usb and it says not permitted again. That’s both using pi and root on different terminals.

sselph
    Participant

Ah for usb that is automounting you can modify the /etc/usbmount/usbmount.conf and edit the FS_MOUNTOPTIONS to be something like the following if the drive is vfat FS_MOUNTOPTIONS=”-fstype=vfat,gid=users,uid=nobody,umask=002,sync” which will create the mounts so that all users in the users group can modify them. You can reboot or possibly remove and insert the drive again to have the changes take place.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.