Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

!!! this is NOT a rom REQUEST !!!

ok, I’ve been having some issues getting quite a few hacked roms to play! I used clean roms to patch!

has anyone else encountered this issue?

how did you fix this?

I’ve read if the emulator is too good it may not play a hacked rom?!

thanks in advance

labelwhore
    Participant

It shouldn’t be an issue, I mean, they work on real hardware. I have a fairly large collection of hacked cartridges. I seem to remember trying out a megaman rom that I hacked myself when I first started messing with retropie. The same rom works on an actual cartridge in a real nes.

..actually come to think of it, that particular rom was hacked twice. I hacked somebody else’s hack. lol

InsecureSpike
    Participant

thanks for the reply labelwhore,

I wonder if it’s the patcher I’m using?

although, all the non-snes mods run fine,

I’ll investigate more

labelwhore
    Participant

It could be. I’ve had to pad some roms, by duplicating them, then splicing the files together to get them to work on hardware. But I think that’s only because the chips I bought were large enough for the biggest nes roms.

The guys over at nintendoage may have some advice. That’s where I learned to hack cartridges.

http://nintendoage.com/

InsecureSpike
    Participant

ok, made a break thu!
    i found another completely new SMW rom and alls good!
    ok so this means even if all checksums etc are ok, the patch still may mot work, it just finding that correct rom! out of 6 SMW roms I’ve now tried to patch, only one rom has taken any patch add

thanks for your input labelwhore!

labelwhore
    Participant

Very nice! I have noticed that as well, when you patch a rom, it needs the exact same version the hacker used.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.