Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Run a script when exiting a game?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    isgelman
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I built a RetroPie-based arcade machine for my office and I have a utility running that can pull the high scores out of MAME .hi + .nvram files and then upload the results to a wiki page. The only trouble with this is that I have to run the script manually every time I want to update the wiki. My question is this:

Is there a script that gets run every time a game is exited? If not, is there a way to invoke a script when this event happens?

My alternative solution is to use CRON, but I’d rather avoid that path if I can.

Thanks for reading!

labelwhore
    Participant

Actually, a better way this to create a custom script to luanch your games. I did exactly that for Infocom and BBC Micro so that I could have my mp3 collection play in the background when I’m playing those games.

Check this out:

Random mp3 playback during gameplay

Just ignore the stuff about mp3s and modify the .sh script to your liking. Simply put the stuff you need to run after the line that launches the game. (Where the sudo killall mpg123 is located.)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.