Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Participant

Hey,

First post but longtime user!

So The raspberry pi 1 has served me more then well over ther years, but its time for an upgrade. I´m kinda leening to the Rpi2 over other bord-computers like say the C1 etc, simply cause the first one has served so well.

But i also whould like a little more grunt this time, like N64 and ps1.

And since this place seems to now more about this then other forums i thought i ask you guys some questions.

As i understand its only 1 core on the Rpi 2 is beeing used at the moment, when all 4 cores is in use ( will that happen?) will fe N64 and ps1 games be a breeze for the pi2, and can it handle multiplayer with splitscreen?

Or is it more of an noobrainer to go for the c1 wich is a little more powerful but lacking the whole community behind it?

Best regards
    Charlie

flickcorp
    Participant

Most n64 games seem to work fine for me and psx games as well a little laggy and some sound glitches here and there but overall it runs nicely both multiplayer and single. I have the RPI2 B with some heatsinks and a fan and it stays cool on the default RPI2 Overclock settings.

charlie
    Participant

Hey,

Thx for answer! Looking forward to mariokart 4player on it!
    Goldeneye whould be the grandprize to be able to run multiplayer, have you checked that out?

clone206
    Participant

Here’s my setup on a pi2, showing n64, psx, and ports.

I can get multiplayer mariokart 64 to work as well, but that took a lot of tweaking. Can cross post to the other thread where I explain how if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogTrMtM9TEk

charlie
    Participant

Nice vid and thx, yeah please put the crosspost in here.

clone206
    Participant

Thanks, here you go. It looks like they’re starting to do some of what I describe below with a new experimental package for mupen64plus that ends in “-testing”. You would have to install that from the retropie setup script. This makes an n64 folder in the roms directory for each video plugin. Then you put the rom in one of the folders to see which plugin works best. Not sure if they’ve included all the rice video plugin settings I changed, though.

Mupen64plus (ricrpi branch)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.