Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chris102994
    Participant

Okay so iv had the raspberry pi for about a month and iv been fooling with this retro-pie arcade project on and off for the whole time. It absolutely will not work. Iv looked through forums, others problems and everything. I have installed via image burner on my PC and iv installed via Raspbian. The biggest problem I face is that the keyboard stops working for some reason (its not the keyboard, iv tried 5 different keyboards and all the same problem). Ok so I reset the pi until I somehow manage to log in and get to coding. I can finally expand and download drivers for controllers and keyboard works fine (for a few keystrokes after reboot) so I get it to controller config and it finally recognizes my PS3 controller. I set it up and there’s an error. After a few quick searches I find out why (that I cant use it on certain emulators well certain keys). Anyway I get it done and I go to install a ROM via flash drive. And SURPRISE it doesnt create a ROM directory in the flash drive. Ok so I do some reading and I figure out about how the folders supposed to be so I create a rom folder and within it I put a n64 folder with 3 different games in it. (rom’s work, iv tried it on my pc’s emulator). Only 1 actually copy’s over (the pi still hasn’t made other folders on the directory). I load into the game and I get a script page… I wait about 5 minutes and it keeps glitching every 2ish minutes to a different frozen screen. Ok so I decide to try a new rom installment method via WinSCP. Now when I boot my retro-pie the keyboard doesn’t even respond to anything. The Pi works fine with any other OS. But it will not work with retropie. I cannot find anyone else with this problem. Is there anything I can do or anyone that has had the same problem that can help me? Thank you.

trimmtrabb
    Participant

Try another power supply first to rule that out.

chris102994
    Participant

I tried another power supply. I’m currently running 5.1v. I was running 5v. I also have a USB hub that’s externally powered to try and eliminate the problem as well.

chris102994
    Participant

I just dug up a little bit of a bigger supply I’m trying out. And it is definitely responding better so far.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.