Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project RetroPie + Pi 3 – Wifi & Bluetooth issues

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thought I’d create a topic for wifi and bluetooth issues on the Pi 3 and Retropie.

I’ve upgraded to 3.6 but its not picking up any wifi access points. Yet to try bluetooth but has anyone else had any success with either?

Karoi
    Participant

Working fine for me, only 2.4Ghz wireless btw but that’s fine for me. I’m only using it for RetroPie. I have a RPi 2 with a LAN cable that boots straight into OSMC.

BT I will be trying tonight, just installed the BT stuff via SSH. And I’m at work so can’t test right now.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

there is a known bug, it’s being worked upon for a fix,
    this is not just RetroPie related, but Jessie related

there’s around 3 or so threads/topics over at raspberrypi.org

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, update. I tried a fresh image of 3.6 (rather than an upgrade from 3.5) and wifi worked, but Bluetooth still isn’t

shoothere
    Participant

Have you tried the solution mentioned in this post:

Rpi3 and Ps3 controller how to

cooky069
    Participant

I’m having issues too. they both kind of work. I can get wifi to connect and use it to update and scrape but can’t use putty or samba shares. with bluetooth i can manually pair and connect my NES30 Pro but once the system is shut down or rebooted it wont reconnect and i have to manually connect again , but the pad does work in games etc. i tried reinstalling bluetooth but no joy

shoothere
    Participant

cooky069: did you start with a fresh install or did you update your RPi2 install?

cooky069
    Participant

Its my old pi2 image updated so that could be the problem i guess ?

I should also mention that if i plug in my wifi and bluetooth dongles from the pi2 everything works as it did. i tried bluetoothctl in an attempt to change the default bluetooth adapter thinking that might be the problem but again no joy.i havent done anything with the wifi yet

shoothere
    Participant

I would suggest, if you have a spare SD to try the same setup but with a clean image.

Updating should work but can make strange things happen!

Anonymous
    Inactive

How would I re-install the wireless for the new broadcom chip? sudo apt-get install ??

cooky069
    Participant

Shoothere: I tried a fresh install got wifi working as it should but still having issues with the bluetooth . I think it’s probably more to do with my controller (NES30 Pro) than the pi3. I can get it to pair in es, I write the config file and reboot but it doesn’t connect. I then have to re pair it in es before I can go in to controller settings to configure the buttons . After that when I reboot I need to re pair again for it to work in es and games

pausuri
    Participant

Same problem here, fresh berryboot image, and I couldnt find any Wifi when I run the WiFi settings.

Same with the bluetooth, I updated the retropie script and after that I went to Bluetooth and nothing come up

Should just try to reinstall everything to see what happens?

Any way to install the v15.2 of Kodi instead of the preinstalled v14?

Soullous
    Participant

I’m also using my Pi 2 SD card and having WiFi issues. It appears to connect, but doesn’t stay up very long. Has anybody found a way to fix this issue without doing a fresh install? I don’t really want to set everything up again from scratch.

podgepapin
    Participant

i’ve been having problems with bluetooth for the last two versions. It will work the first time you install retropie but after the next boot it says fails to load bluetooth.

I’ve tried two adapters and it still doesn’t work. It worked fine in version 3.2, but not in 3.5 or 3.6. If i do another clean install it works once.

cooky069
    Participant

Got my NES30 pro working . Started by unpairing the controller via the es bluetooth menu and the button on the controller, then did apt-get update, apt-get upgrade and apt-get install pi-bluetooth. Rebooted and then paired the controller exactly per the wiki, got it connected and configured then shut down and turned off the system and controller. Started the system and waited unti it had fully booted in to the es ui, then turned on the controller and it connected. It also reconnects from sleep mode too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.