Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello i did manage to pair rpi3 and the integraded bluetooth with a genuine sixaxis ps3 controller.

if anyone is intrested i did

sudo apt-get install bluetooth
    and then
    sudo apt-get install pi-bluetooth

idk if both of those is needed but thats how i did. then use retropie config to pair ps3 controller

hope anyone has some help from this.

/mallorz

EDIT: 99% of the times i rebooted, controller was not pairing. had to plug in the usb cable for a couple of secounds then it pairs.
    if anyone has a solution for this problem im happy to hear :)

vfrvulcan
    Participant

Thanks,

The second line on it’s own did the trick for me:

I was unable to configure the PS3 controller whilst using the USB connector, actually still can’t get right-thumb to register but at least the rest of it is working.

No problems on re-boots and having it connect via bluetooth, don’t need to reconnect USB cable. Atari 800 joystick working fine alongside it as well.

Aaron

malacai
    Participant

ok, then we know we just need sudo apt-get install pi-bluetooth.

problem for me is still that i either have to connect the usb cable to the controller or do sudo sixad –start. even as its ready started.
    then the controller works.

hope anyone has some ideas how to fix this

/mallorz

fran008
    Participant

Same point.

Having installed pi-bluetooth package all works great… except that I have to pair with USB cable everytime I boot the Pi. If anyone has fixed it please share the solution. Thanks.

malacai
    Participant

hey again. i think i found a solution for the time being anyway.
    since the sixad is started but refuses to pair controller after reboot.
    and sudo sixad –start (even as it already started it will pair the controller directly)

i just added sixad –start in rc.local so it will be started twice.

now it works like a sharm here and hope the devs figure out why this is happening

/mallorz

Anonymous
    Inactive

after 5 hours of tweaking and fixing other bugs I have my PS3 controller and NES30 8bitdo controller connecting on their own upon boot without doing the above. I tried adding sixad –start to boot but was getting errors upon restarts, freezing on BT connecting screen upon boot (randomly) and complete lockup in the BT pairing menu.

I’ll backtract and work out the exact fix and let you know..

malacai
    Participant

hello again. i saw i did a typo. there should be 2 ‘–‘ infront of start
    sixad –-start.

gizmo98
    Participant

Please remove and reinstall ps3 controller driver. I have done some modifications which should hopefully fix your problem.

malacai
    Participant

how do i completely remove and install the new driver?

gizmo98
    Participant

Select “Remove PS3 controller configurations”. This takes sometimes up to five minutes. Then install PS3 controller driver again.

malacai
    Participant

ahh silly me :).. well now it works, great job dude :)

frisnit
    Participant

Working for my rpi3 too after the remove/reinstall too, thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok so now if I go to “Register and Connect to Bluetooth Devices” under the pair menu it just hangs.

If I do this it un-hangs itself straight away – http://i.imgur.com/ZgovWtf.png

gizmo98
    Participant

Sixad and bluetooth daemon cannot be run at the same time. So it is not possible to use NES30 and PS3 controllers at the same time without fiddling around. Raspbian jessies bluez package has builtin sixaxis support. But no one has written a raspbian guide to setup a ps3 controller over bluez.

fran008
    Participant

[quote=119147]Select “Remove PS3 controller configurations”. This takes sometimes up to five minutes. Then install PS3 controller driver again.

[/quote]

Great! Now I can reboot my Pi and the pairing is still working. Thank you!

ebzero
    Participant

absolutely worked for me!! Thank you so much!!!

mustbaj
    Participant

I can’t get my NES30 Pro to connect on boot. I have a pi3 and I am using the built in bluetooth. Any advice?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.