Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! RetroPie / KODI / Raspbian – Triple-Boot build

Viewing 13 posts - 36 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    smithers
    Participant

[quote=107272]Hi Smithers,
    As usual, great work.
    The WIFI instructions worked great for me also I got the build to install from usb by using a different flash drive (Sandisk low profile 32GB USB 2.0 formated as Fat32).

I also installed Sprinz-tv build in kodi which works great.
    I was wondering if I decided to add a second profile with an additional build if it will have enough space for that. Also if 0 cache was selected to save cache to sd card??

My only real problem now which is minor, is setting the correct time/date in Raspbian.
    Do you know of an easy way in doing this??
    Thanks in advance.

Do you have a donation link where people can donate.
    You are very deserving of such. You have save me a lot of work not having to do all this myself and I very much appreciate it.

Keep up the great work.

[/quote]

Hi, sorry for delay in replying. Glad you got it working! I guess that backs up the theory that the NOOBS installer doesn’t like larger flash drives.

As for KODI profiles – its not something I have ever dabbled with, but I guess it depends on what build you use for KODI in the other profile? My latest minimal build I made is around 400mb which is a few hundred MB less than beast build I think. All I could say is give it a try?

Whilst in the subject, I am exploring the possibility if making my own KODI wizard that would add in my build and my games menu. No promises or ETA on that but its a possibility for a build in the future maybe. Would make things easier for upgrades etc. as it’s not always practical to restart everything when a new build comes along!

As for the date & time in Raspbian – I have never tried to fiddle with it, I assume it is managed via the internet since the pi does not have a built in clock? Therefore if you do not have the internet set up then the time would be wrong (like KODI which rolls back to Jan 1970 or something when no network is detected). Are you seeing an incorrect date or no date at all?

As for donations – I couldn’t accept any money for what I do, but thanks for the offer. :) If anyone deserves donations then it is the devs of RetroPie, Emulation Station, KODI ports etc as they do all the really hard work, and for free, which is very admirable. :)

I imagine people don’t realise how much hard work has already gone into projects such as RetroPie, Recalbox etc. to make it a much smoother ride for the end user – if you were to try and set up emulation station from scratch it would be a much much longer and harder affair. I don’t mean for this to sound patronising at all, more just an acknowledgement and appreciation of the work that is put in for these projects, especially when they are released as free downloads.

All the best.
    Steve

haris1977
    Participant

[quote=107501]

I can see output of file names in the ‘failed transfers’ section (lower left of filezilla). I also see red flagging files in the top ‘live transfer’ section which changes constantly as running.

When i see that i always stop the transfer.

Hi.

Sorry for delay in replying. Did you get sorted with this in the end?

[/quote]

Nope:( I tried to upload to home/pi (rather than home/pi/bor) with the same results (+8000 file transfer fails in lower left of Filezilla). I even tried WinSCP, but i get error code 4 (error message from server: failure). What i noticed is a transfer failure in gaxe\Paks\mod\<data>\ folder.

*gaxe is Golden Axe game

Being stuck here.

Edit: I tried to manually copy some folders. The subfolders with transfer errors are:

– gaxe\Paks\mod\data\chars
    – gaxe\Paks\mod\data\scenes
    – gaxe\Paks\mod\data\scripts
    – gaxe\Paks\mod\data\sprites
    – gaxe\Paks\mod\data\sounds

Tried with other paks too (e.g Mortal Kombat). Same result. Errors when copying “data” folder..

Any help appreciated!

candyluv
    Participant

Thanks for the reply smither.

I will try adding another build and see what happens.
    As for the Date/Time in Raspbian, its incorrect and I am connected to the internet so for some reason the auto internet time adjustment is not kicking in. Its actually a few days behind.
    Thanks again

smithers
    Participant

[quote=107509]

I can see output of file names in the ‘failed transfers’ section (lower left of filezilla). I also see red flagging files in the top ‘live transfer’ section which changes constantly as running.

When i see that i always stop the transfer.

Hi.

Sorry for delay in replying. Did you get sorted with this in the end?

Nope:( I tried to upload to home/pi (rather than home/pi/bor) with the same results (+8000 file transfer fails in lower left of Filezilla). I even tried WinSCP, but i get error code 4 (error message from server: failure). What i noticed is a transfer failure in gaxe\Paks\mod\<data>\ folder.

*gaxe is Golden Axe game

Being stuck here.

Edit: I tried to manually copy some folders. The subfolders with transfer errors are:

– gaxe\Paks\mod\data\chars
    – gaxe\Paks\mod\data\scenes
    – gaxe\Paks\mod\data\scripts
    – gaxe\Paks\mod\data\sprites
    – gaxe\Paks\mod\data\sounds

Tried with other paks too (e.g Mortal Kombat). Same result. Errors when copying “data” folder..

Any help appreciated!

[/quote]

Bizarre, because it works ok for me? :/

Only thing I could suggest is making a ‘.pak’ file again using the tool I linked (instructions should be included), or zip the mods up, transfer them over then unzip them natively on the Pi. That way you aren’t copying over a tone of files, only 1 large one. Other than that I don’t know what to suggest as its working for me?

smithers
    Participant

[quote=107512]Thanks for the reply smither.

As for the Date/Time in Raspbian, its incorrect and I am connected to the internet so for some reason the auto internet time adjustment is not kicking in. Its actually a few days behind.
    Thanks again

[/quote]

Well, I don’t have Raspbian installed and unfortunately I don’t have any spare SD cards at the moment as I gave my spare away to my neice and nephew (made them a gaming console!). So it would be a while before I could test this myself, until I buy a new SD card.

Have a look at this post though and you may find the answer you need:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=447594&sid=83a6380f8bedbe049b7b7ae7cd53460a#p447594

haris1977
    Participant

[quote=107514]
    Only thing I could suggest is making a ‘.pak’ file again using the tool I linked (instructions should be included), or zip the mods up, transfer them over then unzip them natively on the Pi. That way you aren’t copying over a tone of files, only 1 large one. Other than that I don’t know what to suggest as its working for me?
    [/quote]

Thanks for the hint

I will try to make a data.zip (within windows 7zip programm) and transfer it to /home/pi location. Supposing i will be able to do that, what is the ssh linux command for unzipping the data.zip file into /home/pi/bor/gaxe/Paks/mod/ dir? Shouldn’t i need first to install unzip on my raspberry pi?

smithers
    Participant

Well, RetroPie has a minimal base install of Raspbian if I am not mistaken, so an unzip application should be pre-installed. If so then the following should work:

unzip gaxe.zip /bor

Or

unzip gaxe.zip /Paks

(Can’t remember the file structure I set up for OpenBOR off the top of my head but you get the idea. You’re looking to unzip it directly into the correct filepath so beware of creating extra folders by mistake in your zip file).

You would need to be inside the parent directory of the folder you want to unzip into. If that makes sense? :s

haris1977
    Participant

Same errors.

My data.zip file is 83 Mb and when i copy it, my destination file is always between 22-23 Mb (most of the folders are missing). The problem appears when i copy most of the *.gif files (inside /mod/data/”subfolder1″/”subfolder2″ to my destination. I ve abandoned my tries:(

Thanks for your help though!

P.s 1 I can upload the game folder + the *.sh file, if anyone is interested..
    p.s 2 Digging through filezilla’s forum i beleive it is 100% smth with my server (raspberry pi) setup

candyluv
    Participant

[quote=107515]

Thanks for the reply smither.

Thanks again

Well, I don’t have Raspbian installed and unfortunately I don’t have any spare SD cards at the moment as I gave my spare away to my neice and nephew (made them a gaming console!). So it would be a while before I could test this myself, until I buy a new SD card.

Have a look at this post though and you may find the answer you need:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=447594&sid=83a6380f8bedbe049b7b7ae7cd53460a#p447594

[/quote]

Thanks Smithers.
    I’ll check it out.
    I’m using a 64GB SD Card and I need to make the partition for openelec larger. What is the best method to do that with your triple build on windows? Or do it resize automatically when more space is being used/needed??
    Update: I believe I figure it out. Had to edit the partition sizes in the line “partition_size_nominal” (1800 etc) to whatever is wanted, in the file ‘partitions.json’ located in the OS folder to the relative OS using notepad before install.

I tried added another profiles in Kodi but anytime I install a new build in the new profile I create, all the other profiles are removed, making itself the master profile with “master user” name even though I named it all differently as well as rename all the other profiles before installing a build, Beast etc. I checked and saw that the profiles folders were still there but in the profiles option only show “master user” which is always the last profile I install a build on.
    Seem to be a glitch. I’m trying to figure out a work around but if smothers or anyone can assist I will be grateful, thanks.

Smithers also wanted to know if your image is already overclocked and if yes what are the settings??

What is your next build with this?
    Thanks again for everything and keep up the great work.

shoothere
    Participant

Perhaps I do not understand the usefulness of Berryboot but with Retropie not having such an image, is this project (WHICH IS MEGASUPERAWESOMESAUCE!) obsolete?

haris1977
    Participant

[quote=107606]Perhaps I do not understand the usefulness of Berryboot but with Retropie not having such an image, is this project (WHICH IS MEGASUPERAWESOMESAUCE!) obsolete?

[/quote]

I dont think that bb is obsolete (yet). There are some “squased-images” for berryboot. Look here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/berryboot/files/os_images/

There is also the fresh new retropie image (3.1) which is mentioned here:

https://www.petrockblock.com/retropie/retropie-downloads/retropie-sd-card-image-for-raspberry-pi-2-2/

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi smithers,

Could you make a custom OS for Ubuntu Mate?

herbfargus

in future builds you should look at including opentyrian in the ports menu:

http://dosonthepi.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/install-opentyrian.html

also there was an issue with permissions with /tmp/runcommand.log but a simple chown pi:pi /tmp/runcommand.log fixed it.

Viewing 13 posts - 36 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘RetroPie / KODI / Raspbian – Triple-Boot build’ is closed to new replies.