Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! RetroPie / KODI / Raspbian – Triple-Boot build

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    smithers
    Participant

Hi.

So its been a bit more tricky than first expected, but at long last – here is my RetroPie / KODI (OpenELEC) / Raspbian triple boot build:

[links removed – copyrighted content is not welcome here]

As usual, this is a NOOBS installer build and installing via USB stick is HIGHLY recommended for this one, as the .tar files are on the large side at over 3.5GB.

RetroPie setup is the same as my other 7.2 builds.

OpenELEC is v14.2 and is my own ‘minimal’ build, however I have added the ‘Spartan’ repo ready for if you want to install the Beast Build etc.

Raspbian is fully updated and has the following applications installed:

Full Libre Office Suite
    GIMP photo editing software
    Cairo-Dock (with xcompmgr to enable transparency)
    VLC Media Player
    Chromium web browser
    xscreensaver (to remove screen blanking)

Also added a splash screen to the bootup sequence and a few tweaks to the desktop to make it more pleasing to the eye.

Please read the ‘README’ file included for full instructions and troubleshooting.

Cheers.
    Steve

sharkyenergy
    Participant

thank you soo much! downloading! will test it today and report back.. :)

sharkyenergy
    Participant

just installed and tested a bit.. this is SO DAMN COOOL! thank you so much! its GREAT!

smithers
    Participant

[quote=106550]just installed and tested a bit.. this is SO DAMN COOOL! thank you so much! its GREAT!

[/quote]

Thanks – glad its working. Always a worry that it seems fine my end but completely doesn’t work for others! :s

I have just stumbled across Ubuntu Mate for the Pi and am thinking of doing a triple boot for that now. I like the OS alot more than Raspbian (only because I have an Ubuntu install on my laptop which I am now very familiar with).. hmmm.. If anyone shows an interest then I will give it a go, however Im not sure if it gives any advantage over Raspbian? Happy to hear others thoughts on this.

haris1977
    Participant

Good idea. But i really think that you should use the “lightest” version between Ubuntu and Raspbian (i dont know which is)

evaspaceman
    Participant

First off – thanks for creating the tripple boot image. Unfortunately, I can not get wifi configured. The dhcpcd GUI indicates wlan0 is not associated and doesn’t display available network SSIDs. I was also unable to get it to connect when I manually added my network information into wpa_supplicant.conf. I am using an EDIMAX ew-7811un adapter. Any help would be appreciated.

DNArjen
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for this great build!
    Really smooth and slick, the Raspbian OS works just like a charm.

Although everything works on the OpenElec (Kodi) side, I do have an annoying little “bug”.
    When I click on a foldermap with the right-mouse button, normally it opens a properties-menu to edit, rename or add (depending on the folder selected), but now it just goes back one folder like “exit”,”backspace” or “Esc”. I’ve searched but I can’t find a setting where this can be changed.
    This “bug” was and is not present on your dualboot 7.2 build.

Also the menu Music opens the Vevo addon instead of opening the standard menu to the music-library. This can be changed in the “System/Appearance/Skin” settings so not a big deal.

I’m still amazed and thrilled about the expanded capabilities and speed that comes in such a small box (Pi2) with your builds on it installed.

Thanks and keep up the good work!!

Cheers

smithers
    Participant

[quote=106591]First off – thanks for creating the tripple boot image. Unfortunately, I can not get wifi configured. The dhcpcd GUI indicates wlan0 is not associated and doesn’t display available network SSIDs. I was also unable to get it to connect when I manually added my network information into wpa_supplicant.conf. I am using an EDIMAX ew-7811un adapter. Any help would be appreciated.

[/quote]

Hi.

This is very strange and I see a couple of people are having this same problem. I haven’t changed any standard functionality of Raspbian so I’m really not sure why WiFi won’t work in my build? Unfortunately I don’t have a WiFi dongle so I can’t test it either to find the root of the problem. If anyone else was able to test and find out then I will happily amend my image and re-upload.

Other than that, it may be worth investigating aa package called ‘wicd-curses’. This is a WiFi tool that can set you up however I’m not sure if it is compatible etc with Raspbian so you’d need to investigate first.

Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers
    Steve

smithers
    Participant

[quote=106662]
    Although everything works on the OpenElec (Kodi) side, I do have an annoying little “bug”.
    When I click on a foldermap with the right-mouse button, normally it opens a properties-menu to edit, rename or add (depending on the folder selected), but now it just goes back one folder like “exit”,”backspace” or “Esc”. I’ve searched but I can’t find a setting where this can be changed.
    This “bug” was and is not present on your dualboot 7.2 build.

Also the menu Music opens the Vevo addon instead of opening the standard menu to the music-library. This can be changed in the “System/Appearance/Skin” settings so not a big deal.

[/quote]

Yes this is likely my doing, due to my own keymap files. I should have removed them but obviously forgot! It easily fixed, all you need to do is remove ‘keyboard.xml’ and ‘mouse.xml’ from the following directory:

/storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/

Or of course you could edit the files to suit your own keyboard /mouse setup.

As for the music thing – this is how the standard Beast Build behaves and I didn’t amend it at all other than to add in my ‘Games’ section / scripts. As you say it is easily amended to whatever you want.

mayki
    Participant

[quote=106591]…I can not get wifi configured. The dhcpcd GUI indicates wlan0 is not associated and doesn’t display available network SSIDs. I was also unable to get it to connect when I manually added my network information into wpa_supplicant.conf. I am using an EDIMAX ew-7811un adapter. Any help would be appreciated.

[/quote]

Have you somehow solve this problem?
    Getting ready to install, but I need to wi-fi worked.

evaspaceman
    Participant

[quote=106846]
    Have you somehow solve this problem?
    Getting ready to install, but I need to wi-fi worked.

[/quote]

Unfortunately, I have not. For that reason, I decided to stick with the dual boot image.

xd3l
    Participant

I am at a loss here. I put the OS folder on my Fat32 formatted 128Gb USB stick. I put the other contents of the NOOBS folder on the MicroSO.

I plugged both into my system, unplugged the network cable, and NOOBS does not see any OS’ to install but insists that I need to connect to the inet first.

When I do get this working, is this going to install this to my USB and leave my SD there to boot from?

xd3l
    Participant

Nevermind, I believe I may have found the answer to all my woes in the following links. Gonna stay up all night and skip church to see how this goes down. Fingers crossed!!!

Triple Boot Raspberry Pi on USB (Raspbian / RetroPie / OpenELEC) – Part 1

Triple Boot Raspberry Pi on USB (Raspbian / RetroPie / OpenELEC) – Part 2

Triple Boot Raspberry Pi on USB (Raspbian / RetroPie / OpenELEC) – Part 3

candyluv
    Participant

[quote=106899]I am at a loss here. I put the OS folder on my Fat32 formatted 128Gb USB stick. I put the other contents of the NOOBS folder on the MicroSO.

I plugged both into my system, unplugged the network cable, and NOOBS does not see any OS’ to install but insists that I need to connect to the inet first.

When I do get this working, is this going to install this to my USB and leave my SD there to boot from?

[/quote]

Hi,
    I was having the same problem and just gave up on it. I thought my flash drive was the problem cause didn’t have another one to try.
    Glad to know it was not just me. Thanks for sharing.

haris1977
    Participant

So..is this triple boot os working or not? xd3l confused me..:(

smithers
    Participant

Hi all.

There should be no problems with the install process for this build. Others have commented that it is working fine so the problem must be something at your end I’m afraid? Just to confirm – everything needs to be formatted strictly using Fat32, not exfat etc. I have tested this with a 16gb USB stick and 16gb and 32gb SD card and it works perfect for me. Maybe NOOBS doesn’t like large capacity USB sticks, but that is a total guess, and probably unlikely. All I can recommend is using a different method to format your USB stick as it is the stick that seems to be at fault if the OS choices are not showing. That or use a different USB stick altogether. I always use the same ‘USB’ build I compiled for NOOBS which works for my other dual boot builds so there is no reason why it won’t work for this too.

As for the WiFi issue – I have bought a WiFi dongle to test it myself. I’ll post if I find the problem but no timescales yet, just when I get the time to tinker with it.

smithers
    Participant

P.s. its worth noting that when a card / USB stick gets to a certain size – 64gb and above – Windows will not allow formatting to fat32 so you have to revert to to a different program to force it to fat32 format. Even the ‘SD Formatting Tool’ will format to exfat on cards 64gb and above. There are plenty of free programs out there that will force format to fat32 so a quick Google search should get you what you need.

If using Linux then gparted works perfect for formatting to Fat32 on any size card you have.

xd3l
    Participant

Your project is brilliant, and works great if done from an SD card, and probably a small USB stick. The benefit from running from USB stick of course is potential increased speeds, and ditching the risk of frying your SD card when overclocked.

Sadly though, it would seem that any large USB stick or drive that I have, do not auto mount under USB*, but need to be mounted manually instead. So I presume NOOBS is working in much the same way, detecting the drive, but not mounting it, thus not seeing the OS folder.

With that in mind, I tried another tutorial that has you flash the Retropie image to USB, then copy over some files to an SD, modify a file, and you are set to go with full access to the entire USB drive!

As it stands though, I want my cake, with frosting, and the ability to eat it too, so I kept searching and that is when I found the guide I linked.
    I am starting from part 1, so I can learn how to make my own NOOBS like you did, but without the custom tweaks added into each distro.
    I am currently transferring partitions from my SD to my USB, which is a tedious process. Once this is done, I go on to the last few steps, and I should have a working Triple booter. If so I will most likely go back to your work, start at step 2 of the tutorial I linked, and see if I can transfer an SD install of your work, to a USB and use it as my main drive.
    This should be the solution I believe.

smithers
    Participant

[quote=106959]Nevermind, I believe I may have found the answer to all my woes in the following links. Gonna stay up all night and skip church to see how this goes down. Fingers crossed!!!

http://bobbyromeo.com/technology/triple-boot-raspberry-pi-on-usb-raspbianretropieopenelec-part-1/

http://bobbyromeo.com/technology/triple-boot-raspberry-pi-on-usb-raspbianretropieopenelec-part-2/

http://bobbyromeo.com/technology/triple-boot-raspberry-pi-on-usb-raspbianretropieopenelec-part-3/

[/quote]

Hmmm… Im a little confused with this guide you have linked. It seems that he has made the process harder than it should be, although maybe that is due to the fact its designed to run off a USB stick instead of SD card. I really don’t understand how the OS switching occurs though? I have only skimmed through to be fair, but from what I gather the script to switch OS is triggered via SSH? That, to me, seems a little… odd, and un-intuitive. Maybe I have read it wrong, however I think that having a script to select in each OS that can be run natively on the Pi is a much more user friendly approach.

I intend to document my build process, in fact I have already started, but it will take a while til its finished. :/ To be fair its not a hard process that I follow, just very time consuming due to the fact I need to leave things in their ‘standard’ form all the time, so if I need to test then I need to go through the whole process every time from scratch – create the tarballs for each OS, copy to SD / USB, install, configure, test… takes a great deal of time! Especially when an error is found, small as it may be. Means that the process needs to be started over from scratch again. :/

smithers
    Participant

**WiFi Issues Update**

OK then I bought a cheap wifi dongle from Amazon – link below:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MXD2T5G

Inside it is a generic Ralink 148f:7601. Now Raspbian should supposedly natively support this, as I have the most up-to-date ‘Ralink’ firmware installed (according to apt-get install firmware-ralink), however it did not work at all. Neither my build nor the standard Raspbian install (direct from raspberrypi.org) could detect or set up this WiFi dongle.

I tried to install ‘WICD’ which is an alternative WiFi manager (with GUI) – no dice, it still could not find my dongle. I tried ‘WICD-CURSES’ which is the command line version of the same program – still no good, nothing found.

I done a Google search of ‘148f:7601’ and found others having the same problem with the Pi (and other Linux distros), and eventually found an updated firmware file on a Github page. I copied the file into the /lib/firmware/ directory inside Raspbian, rebooted then tried again. The standard Raspbian WiFi manager STILL couldnt see my WiFi adapter (on both my build and the standard build, using the ‘WPA_GUI’ utility), but when I tried WICD / WICD-CURSES – it works. It scanned and found a some SSIDS, I chose mine, entered the properties to update the password, tried to connect but it wouldn’t work. Found out I needed to change the DHCP Client to ‘dhclient’, tried it again and it worked, i.e. it has connected to my router and I am now able to browse the internet via WiFi. It also re-connects automatically on reboot.

So in conclusion – there is no problem with my build in regards to WiFi. It would instead seem as though Raspbian is in need of an update to include more / newer WiFi dongle firmwares. I can’t help you in the search of your own WiFi dongle drivers, however I can try and help with WICD:

You will need an ethernet cable plugged in before you continue!

To install WICD, open up a terminal (or SSH into the Pi), and type the following:

sudo apt-get install wicd

When it is finished installing, click on the start menu and go into the ‘Internet’ sub-menu. You should see ‘Wicd Network Manager’ – click on it and the network manager will appear. If your WiFi dongle is up and running already then it will scan and find any nearby SSID’s – click on your own, go to Properties and near the bottom of the page enter your WiFi password then go back and choose ‘Connect’. If it doesn’t connect first time then you may have to change your DHCP client from ‘Auto’ to a static value. To do this, click the drop-down menu button to the right of ‘Refresh’ at the top of the screen and then choose ‘Preferences’. Go into the ‘External Programs’ screen and choose a DHCP client from the list (there were only 2 options for me – I chose dhclient and it worked for me). Go back and try and connect again. It should hopefully work!

If you installed WICD and still couldn’t see any WiFi SSID’s then the chances are your driver / firmware is not installed for your dongle. To find out what driver you need, type in lsusb at the terminal. Here is my output:

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 148f:7601 Ralink Technology, Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 046d:c077 Logitech, Inc.
    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0c40:8000

I can see an entry for Ralink Technology Corp. which I know is a manufacturer of WiFi chips, so that is my WiFi dongle. If you have a number of different USB devices plugged in then you may want to unplug them temporarily so you can identify your WiFi dongle easier. So I noted down the number next to my WiFi dongle entry – 148f:7601 – and searched for it in Google (search term 148f:7601 Raspberry Pi) to see if a driver exists. I soon found one, installed it, and it worked. You should hopefully be able to do the same thing.

Well, I hope this helps – its all I can really offer on this problem I’m afraid as it is a problem that is inherited from stock Raspbian. If you have difficulties in locating an updated driver for your WiFi dongle then I would suggest making a post at raspberrypi.org – thats where I found a thread on my own dongle.

Good luck!
    Steve

xd3l
    Participant

I hear you man, I was up all night last night working on the Pi as per the pages I linked, and yes, it is not terribly hard, but very very very very time consuming! In fact I am still not done because by 8:30 AM in the morning, I realized I’d made a grave error and needed to adjust the guide a little bit to meet my needs.

When or if I make progress, I will post back and will hopefully have something useful to share in relation to how to get this working for 128Gb USB sticks and above, as we really don’t need to be depending up on SD cards since they are often slower, corrupt easier, and corrupt MUCH easier when we over clock our Pi’s… which is something I believe everyone and their grandma is going to want to do considering you need to be running at 1000Mhz in order to pull of PSX emulation as well as I’ve been able to.

[quote=106989]

Nevermind, I believe I may have found the answer to all my woes in the following links. Gonna stay up all night and skip church to see how this goes down. Fingers crossed!!!

http://bobbyromeo.com/technology/triple-boot-raspberry-pi-on-usb-raspbianretropieopenelec-part-1/

http://bobbyromeo.com/technology/triple-boot-raspberry-pi-on-usb-raspbianretropieopenelec-part-2/

http://bobbyromeo.com/technology/triple-boot-raspberry-pi-on-usb-raspbianretropieopenelec-part-3/

Hmmm… Im a little confused with this guide you have linked. It seems that he has made the process harder than it should be, although maybe that is due to the fact its designed to run off a USB stick instead of SD card. I really don’t understand how the OS switching occurs though? I have only skimmed through to be fair, but from what I gather the script to switch OS is triggered via SSH? That, to me, seems a little… odd, and un-intuitive. Maybe I have read it wrong, however I think that having a script to select in each OS that can be run natively on the Pi is a much more user friendly approach.

I intend to document my build process, in fact I have already started, but it will take a while til its finished. :/ To be fair its not a hard process that I follow, just very time consuming due to the fact I need to leave things in their ‘standard’ form all the time, so if I need to test then I need to go through the whole process every time from scratch – create the tarballs for each OS, copy to SD / USB, install, configure, test… takes a great deal of time! Especially when an error is found, small as it may be. Means that the process needs to be started over from scratch again. :/

[/quote]

xd3l
    Participant

I got it! Well I got the guide I linked to work, I’ve not applied this to your package yet, though I am pretty well convinced that it would apply.

I did not bother with Part 3 of the tutorial as it seems to be rushed in that it leaves out a lot of explanation and just assumes you know what in the world he is talking about. So for now I just select my OS with a mouse, though I wish it would just boot into RetroPie everytime by default and then offer a script from within there to reboot into Kodi or Rapspain. Maybe I can work out a solution on my own and or with the help of the forums.

I am going to keep tinkering, then when I feel confident, I’ll probably back up all my partitions and have a go at what ever your lastest release may be at the time, because I got to admit, what I’ve seen in your Youtube video impressed me a lot, plus you changed the boot up screen into a video, which is something I wanted to do my self.

Thank you for the help and inspiration!

USB rules, SD drools! ;)

sharkyenergy
    Participant

ok, sooo finally after a week of usage I found something that isnt working.. My controller (ps3 like controller) works great in every console, but not in the super nintendo. I cannot play super mario… :(

haris1977
    Participant

Smithers thanks for your triple-boot image! It works very well:)

Just a question (on retropie side): I want to run some extra openbor games. The command (eg for ddx) is

cd /home/pi/bor/ddx

/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 “/home/pi/bor/ddx/openbor.sh” “OpenBOR”

Inside home/pi/bor/ddx i can see 4 folders: Logs (null), Paks, Saves and Screenshots. Inside Pakes there is a mod folder and inside that a data folder, meaning /home/pi/bor/ddx/Paks/mod/data. But in there i can see 7 other folders (e.g bgs, chars, levels, music etc) and 4 other files.
    The problem is that ALL of my openbor games are in *paks (i dont have these 7 folders and files, but only *.pak).

So, do i only have to place the pak inside the pak folder? Or smth else?

Thanks!

smithers
    Participant

[quote=107142]ok, sooo finally after a week of usage I found something that isnt working.. My controller (ps3 like controller) works great in every console, but not in the super nintendo. I cannot play super mario… :(

[/quote]

Is it only Super Mario that isn’t working? And to be exact, is it ‘Super Mario All-Stars’ that you’re trying to play? If so then it is the rom at fault – it doesn’t seem to work well with most emulators in that the controls will only work in the menu and not in the actual game. To fix it you need to change the emulator for that specific rom from the default SNES emulator to a different one (can’t remember which one but it was definitely one of the ‘lr’ emulators). Then it will work.

smithers
    Participant

[quote=107208]Smithers thanks for your triple-boot image! It works very well:)

Just a question (on retropie side): I want to run some extra openbor games. The command (eg for ddx) is

cd /home/pi/bor/ddx

/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 “/home/pi/bor/ddx/openbor.sh” “OpenBOR”

Inside home/pi/bor/ddx i can see 4 folders: Logs (null), Paks, Saves and Screenshots. Inside Pakes there is a mod folder and inside that a data folder, meaning /home/pi/bor/ddx/Paks/mod/data. But in there i can see 7 other folders (e.g bgs, chars, levels, music etc) and 4 other files.
    The problem is that ALL of my openbor games are in *paks (i dont have these 7 folders and files, but only *.pak).

So, do i only have to place the pak inside the pak folder? Or smth else?

Thanks!

[/quote]

Hi.

The version of openbor that is available for the Pi doesn’t seem to like old ‘.pak’ files – I couldn’t get any to work, so instead I ‘unpakked’ them and placed the raw files straight onto the SD card like you see in the 2 games I include.

To do this you will need a pak extractor program. I can’t remember where I found this online so I have uploaded the version I used below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzXFP_d3CHStWkNyZTF5TjcxRk0/view?usp=sharing

Extract the rar file anywhere you want then all you need to do is drag and drop your pak file (one at a time) onto the ‘paxplode.exe’ file (not the paxplode.bat file), and it will unpak the mod for you. You can certainly try to pak it up again if you like, the tool is included, however I didnt bother.

Its important to only unpak one at a time as the mods have the same directory structure, so when one is finished unpakking then move the /data/ folder out and only then start with a new mod.

Good luck!

haris1977
    Participant

Thanks smithers. The problem is that i am having many packet loss failures (no such file or directory errors) while transfering my files.

I am using Filezilla. Any ideas what could be wrong? Any other transfer prog that i could use?

smithers
    Participant

Very strange. Filezilla works fine for me, although I have got into the habit of just using Linux on my laptop lately.

You could try using WinSCP instead but it sounds like you may have permission errors. Try a chmod or chown command on the /home/pi/bor/ folder maybe?

haris1977
    Participant

Thanks i will try it:)

Just a bug that i saw: In retropie (with xbox compatible controller) when you select the option to toggle off the text that is displayed when loading or exiting a game, the moment you enter the retropie setup script, it hangs (in the message of expanding the partition)

I reproduced it many times and all of them with the same result. Doesn’t happen with the option to on:)

Just to let y know..

smithers
    Participant

[quote=107232]Thanks i will try it:)

Just a bug that i saw: In retropie (with xbox compatible controller) when you select the option to toggle off the text that is displayed when loading or exiting a game, the moment you enter the retropie setup script, it hangs (in the message of expanding the partition)

I reproduced it many times and all of them with the same result. Doesn’t happen with the option to on:)

Just to let y know..

[/quote]

That is not a bug, rather that is the whole purpose of my ‘enable / disable’ script! When command line access is turned off the transitions look nice however terminal applications won’t be output to the screen (including options inside RetroPie setup script). That’s why I gave the option of being able to turn them on or off when you need to work in the terminal.

haris1977
    Participant

[quote=107225]Very strange. Filezilla works fine for me, although I have got into the habit of just using Linux on my laptop lately.

You could try using WinSCP instead but it sounds like you may have permission errors. Try a chmod or chown command on the /home/pi/bor/ folder maybe?

[/quote]

Thanks for your help here. Well.. i ve chmoded home/pi/bor (sudo chmod 777 /home/pi/bor/) and tried to copy my files. What i see is that there is a specific folder in where i have transfer errors. This folder is the chars folder in:

<Name_of_game>/Paks/mod/data/

Inside there are many other folders. Some of them will be transfered but with most of them i got errors like:

Directory /home/pi/bor/gaxe/Paks/mod/data/chars/gillius: no such file or directory (gaxe is Golden Axe – Curse of Death Adder).

I think it is smth with the *.gif files inside those folders (?). Any ideas?

smithers
    Participant

Are you sure it’s not just a warning that you’re seeing? Are the you seeing an output of file names in the ‘failed transfers’ section in filezilla or is it just red flagging files in the top ‘live transfer’ section?

I always get red flagged files when transferring large quantities of data through filezilla, but it will try again straight away and succeed with the transfer. So as long as nothing shows in the ‘failed transfers’ section then everything has transferred over just fine.

haris1977
    Participant

I can see output of file names in the ‘failed transfers’ section (lower left of filezilla). I also see red flagging files in the top ‘live transfer’ section which changes constantly as running.

When i see that i always stop the transfer.

candyluv
    Participant

[quote=106996]**WiFi Issues Update**

So in conclusion – there is no problem with my build in regards to WiFi. It would instead seem as though Raspbian is in need of an update to include more / newer WiFi dongle firmwares. I can’t help you in the search of your own WiFi dongle drivers, however I can try and help with WICD:

You will need an ethernet cable plugged in before you continue!

To install WICD, open up a terminal (or SSH into the Pi), and type the following:

sudo apt-get install wicd

When it is finished installing, click on the start menu and go into the ‘Internet’ sub-menu. You should see ‘Wicd Network Manager’ – click on it and the network manager will appear. If your WiFi dongle is up and running already then it will scan and find any nearby SSID’s – click on your own, go to Properties and near the bottom of the page enter your WiFi password then go back and choose ‘Connect’. If it doesn’t connect first time then you may have to change your DHCP client from ‘Auto’ to a static value. To do this, click the drop-down menu button to the right of ‘Refresh’ at the top of the screen and then choose ‘Preferences’. Go into the ‘External Programs’ screen and choose a DHCP client from the list (there were only 2 options for me – I chose dhclient and it worked for me). Go back and try and connect again. It should hopefully work!

Well, I hope this helps – its all I can really offer on this problem I’m afraid as it is a problem that is inherited from stock Raspbian. If you have difficulties in locating an updated driver for your WiFi dongle then I would suggest making a post at raspberrypi.org – thats where I found a thread on my own dongle.

Good luck!
    Steve

[/quote]

Hi Smithers,
    As usual, great work.
    The WIFI instructions worked great for me also I got the build to install from usb by using a different flash drive (Sandisk low profile 32GB USB 2.0 formated as Fat32).

I also installed Sprinz-tv build in kodi which works great.
    I was wondering if I decided to add a second profile with an additional build if it will have enough space for that. Also if 0 cache was selected to save cache to sd card??

My only real problem now which is minor, is setting the correct time/date in Raspbian.
    Do you know of an easy way in doing this??
    Thanks in advance.

Do you have a donation link where people can donate.
    You are very deserving of such. You have save me a lot of work not having to do all this myself and I very much appreciate it.

Keep up the great work.

smithers
    Participant

[quote=107255]I can see output of file names in the ‘failed transfers’ section (lower left of filezilla). I also see red flagging files in the top ‘live transfer’ section which changes constantly as running.

When i see that i always stop the transfer.

[/quote]
    Hi.

Sorry for delay in replying. Did you get sorted with this in the end?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘RetroPie / KODI / Raspbian – Triple-Boot build’ is closed to new replies.