Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project RetroPie auto adds hotkeys now – 2.6.0

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Floob

For those of you who havent noticed, when you register a new controller for RetroArch, the setup script will now automatically map some hotkeys for you.

This should vastly reduce the number of users who ask how to exit a game using the joypad.

Which is kind of great, as long as you dont get confused by what the hell was going on like me :)

So at the moment the following will automatically be added to ALL your autoconfig files:

input_enable_hotkey input_select
    input_exit_emulator input_start
    input_menu_toggle input_x
    input_load_state input_l
    input_save_state input_r
    input_reset input_b
    input_state_slot_increase input_right
    input_state_slot_decrease input_left

As you can see, the Select button mapping is chosen to enable hotkeys.
    Also, this wont overwrite any you have already set, just add to it if you havent set them.
    Obviously you could go in and manually change these if you want, but every time you register a new controller it will run again.

herbfargus

That is great news! makes my life a whole lot easier.

BuToNz
    Participant

Doesn’t seem to do this for my controller? Generic_X-Box_pad.cfg

Floob

Update your retropie-setup script and register the retroarch controller.
    It should then update all the auto config scripts.

BuToNz
    Participant

I’ll give that a bash.

Having this weird problem at the moment with the Mario All-Stars SNES ROM where I can navigate to Mario 3 for instance and select 1 Player, but can’t actually select a level?!

Seems fine on all other roms just All-Stars and All-Stars + Mario World. Any ideas?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.