Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Ideas for Further Enhancements RetroPie 3.0 on BerryBoot

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pi-guy
    Participant

Hi all, new member. Figured I’d post some knowledge and a request in this one.
    So, I couldn’t find a RetroPie 3.0 image on berryboot. So I installed the one available (2.3), updated it, added my roms, and found I was having a substantial issue with the GUI, seemed to happen after adding Sega32, TG16 and NES.

I tried two different things…at the same time…and it seemed to work.
    First off, comment all the GPU and any clocking/overclocking text in your config.txt by placing a “#” in front of the line.
    Secondly, I deleted the “simple” theme from /etc/emulationstation/themes
    Third, I placed a different theme in place of simple called simplified_static_canela_my_red_logo_v2.0 (just copy the simplified_static_[canela] folder out of the zip and place in themes directory).

I looked all over for why my RetroPie was having GUI issues and couldn’t find anything. This was just trial and error and worked for me.

I’m confident the 2 different changes worked as I put the simple theme back and changed to it and it was still broke (images not displaying)…but not as bad as it was (no more blank screen or screen artifacts, etc).

So…my request is to have a working simple theme in a working RetroPie 3.0 image release for berryboot. And btw, thanks to everyone who works on RetroPie…best thing ever made for Retro gaming.

herbfargus

Have you tried this?:

updating retropie 3.0 in berryboot

petrockblog
    Keymaster

updating from 2.3 to 3.0 requires more than that (unless you nuke /opt/retropie first). You can re-install the simple theme from retropie-setup. Better to start with a fresh 3.0 I think.

pi-guy
    Participant

@HerbFargus
    LOL. I know when I did the initial install (about a week ago) this wasn’t up. Great minds think alike. Thanks for the assistance, I’ll give this a shot.

@buzz
    Just did this remotely, I’ll have to wait until I get home to see if it works. If not I suppose I can work with the image Fargus pointed me to.
    Thanks a bunch!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.