Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie RetroPie 3.0, GamePad doesn't work in SNES rom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wm-666
    Participant

RPi B+ with ‘retropie-v3.0-rpi1.img’ (downloaded here: https://www.petrockblock.com/retropie/retropie-downloads, installed with ImageWriter)
    GamePad: SaitekP990

Followed the wiki (https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki)

Setup of gamepad in EmulationStation works perfectly
      Navigated in EmulationStation (with gamepad) to ‘retropie’ –> ‘raspi-config’
      Expanded filesystem and rebooted
      Installed SuperMario rom</o>
      Navigated to SNES in EmulationStation, started the ROM through the gamepad.
      Gamepad still works when choosing SuperMario version in the ROM.
      Gamepad still works when starting a new SuperMario game. When the gama actually starts, nu buttons work on the gamepad… Holding start+select buttons on gamepad just reset the ROM

Any help?

wm-666
    Participant

Hmm, other ROMs work with gamepad.
    Seems to be a problem with the Super Mario ROM

herbfargus

Maybe your ROM is bad. Might be better finding a new source. Try it with different emulators and see if the result is the same.

saintrobyn
    Participant

I have had this same problem. It is with Super Mario All-Stars and it is universal between the original release and the updated Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World.

My Setup is the following:

Raspberry Pi 2
    Sony Dualshock 3 controller (Used both wired and wirelessly)
    Asus Bluetooth Adapter

When I run the ROMS they work fine for selecting the game I want to play and the Start Button works when I am given the choice between one or two players. Once I am in the game there is no button activity other than using Start and Select in conjunction to leave the ROM.

Here are some of the other irregularities I have noticed:
    -The in game clock is counting down much faster than it should
    -The controller issue is constant amongst:
    -lr-armsnes
    -lr-catsfc
    -lr-pocketsnes
    -lr-snes9x-next will not run the ROMS at all and dump back to Emulationstation.

These issues were not prevalent in the 3.0 Betas or 3.0 RC1.

herbfargus

lr-snes9x-next had some bugs but they were fixed- just need to update the setup script and reinstall from binaries. but I still don’t know about support for super mario all stars as that has always had issues.

saintrobyn
    Participant

[quote=105532]lr-snes9x-next had some bugs but they were fixed- just need to update the setup script and reinstall from binaries. but I still don’t know about support for super mario all stars as that has always had issues.

[/quote]

That worked like a charm, thanks for the help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.