Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project RetroPi startx command not found

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ts87
    Participant

Hi, i just installed RetroPi image “retropie-3.5-rpi1.img” on my RaspberryPi A+ and i tried to configure the WiFi by going to the GUI, but on “startx” i get response “command not found”.. Can anybody advise on this?

labelwhore
    Participant

You need to reinstall lxde, it ‘s been removed from retropie since most users don’t need it. Search the forums, there are a couple threads on it.

ts87
    Participant

Ok, so i tried running apt-get install lxde, but i got multiple errors that it failed to fetch a file over the internet.. which actually makes sense since my wifi is not configured yet :)
    Argh.. worst case i go back to Jessie and try installing RetroPie on it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You don’t need LXDE to configure wifi:

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Wifi

Anonymous
    Inactive

And if you want clearer instructions on how to get the LXDE desktop back, you can find them here:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/FAQ#where-did-the-desktop-go

ts87
    Participant

Ok i will try that. In the mean time can you answer this:
    I am strugling with this because i want to create small gameboy-like device. For that i need the LCD display drivers installed.
    The drivers work on Jessie so i figured i install RetroPi, startx install LCD and start gaming :) I will try working this out without GUI.

ts87
    Participant

Ok, here is the current setup:
    – Installed Raspbian Jessie
    – Installed RetroPi on top
    – Installed drivers for LCD screen

Now when the Raspberry boots to RetroPi it shows the picture on the HDMP. However when i go to startx in the terminal it loads Jessie on the LCD screen..
    Is there possibility to redirect the picture of RetroPi from HDMI to the LCD?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.