Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Retroarch.cfg and controller setup, HELP needed

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jarkokoo
    Participant

First of all: awesome update. BUT: I’m having some problems setting up my controller to work as it did in RetroPie 1.x. When I set it up via Setup Script, all goes well, it recognizes the controller and its inputs, no problems what so ever there. The problem is, that I have no clue where it stores the inputs. Retroarch.cfg has only keyboard inputs and if I copy my 1.x joypad inputs there, it does nothing (or if it does, the inputs are somehow all messed up, and I’ll underline: I use the same controller.).

So my questions are: where does the Setup Script store the inputs it records when setting up the controller, if they’re not in retroarch.cfg anymore? Or have I missed some step, that is required in order for the script to store the inputs in the retroarch.cfg? For example I can’t bind exit emulator inputs to my controller atm, which really sucks. :/

Arnaud

Have you tried the manual procedure ? There is a post somewhere here where they explain how to do this without using the script. Personnally this is what I did for my Microsoft Sidewinder controller and it worked great. The retroarch.cfg is still the file where controls are stored.

For extra buttons I simply remove un needed lines.

jarkokoo
    Participant

[quote=15514]Have you tried the manual procedure ? There is a post somewhere here where they explain how to do this without using the script. Personnally this is what I did for my Microsoft Sidewinder controller and it worked great. The retroarch.cfg is still the file where controls are stored.

For extra buttons I simply remove un needed lines.
    [/quote]

Ok, thanks for the info. All I really needed to know, was that someone confirmed, that the retroarch.cfg is still THE file to tamper with. :) Somehow the script method didn’t put inputs in the retroarch.cfg, which made me pretty confused.

I managed to get it work. Somehow the inputs were not registered as they were in 1.x, so that was the reason they were all messed up, as I copied those codes straight from the old retroarch.cfg. Now everything’s fine, beside few emulators, where you need their own configurations, like Mame4all and GPSP. :P But yeah, loving the 2.2!

hoolean
    Participant

Hey jarkokoo, I’ve been struggling with this. Where is your .cfg situated (exactly) and what is its contents? It may work with mine.

yippyyay
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.