Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, I have just installed the latest version of RetroPie 3 and can only seem to exit games when playing MAME roms. Any other system (SNES, NES, MegaDrive, etc) just won’t exit games when I press the escape key. I haven’t tinkered with any of the settings, it’s a fresh install. Any ideas?

Thanks.

herbfargus

If you have a joypad plugged in it overrides the nulbinding of the keyboard and you need to use the joypad hotkey (default select) in order for ESC on the keyboard to work to exit.

But you should just be able to use select+start on your joypad to exit. If you’re having problems with that see this post:

supergameco
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. No joypad plugged in, just the keyboard.

supergameco
    Participant

I’ve just realised that if I press the select+start equivalents on the keyboard it exits the game. Any way to change this to the escape key?

herbfargus

There is a way you can modify the hotkey behaviour with the setup script in option 3 you could try the options there and see if that sorts it out.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

When configuring controls on a keyboard, retropie 3 uses the same hotkey style as with a gamepad. This is so that when using arcade style controllers that map to keypresses, RGUI menu and exit is available. It also stops conflicts with other hotkeys that may be defined – which could be accidently triggered before.

You can force the hotkey behaviour by adjusting configs/all/retroarch.cfg or by using the retroarch input configuration menu in retropie-setup and choosing an alternative hotkey scheme.

supergameco
    Participant

Appreciate the help, I’ll give it a try.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.