Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! 3.0 – How do I exit a game back to the emulator now?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

In the past versions, I simply pressed both select and start to exit the game, and go back to the emulator itself. Now, this doesn’t happen.

How do I fix this?

A sidenote, my 3.0 download did not include the Super Mario Wars port. Is it all screwy on my end? I’m using RP B plus.

herbfargus

the port can be installed from the experimental menu of the setup script. It’s not quite stable yet (in the sense that it doesn’t quite fit our file format- it plays just fine) I’m also looking into replacing it with a netplay build once its finished development.

As far as your hotkeys not working- they should have just been configured automatically when you boot up the first time (when you configured your controller for the first time) this is all assuming that you built it from a fresh image.

once you’ve configured your controller for the first time it will create a config here: /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads

post the results of the .cfg file in the above folder and maybe I can help you sort it out.

Just for reference- This is what Mine looks like:

input_device = "USB gamepad           "
    input_driver = "udev"
    input_r_btn = "5"
    input_save_state_btn = "5"
    input_start_btn = "9"
    input_exit_emulator_btn = "9"
    input_l_btn = "4"
    input_load_state_btn = "4"
    input_up_axis = "-1"
    input_a_btn = "1"
    input_b_btn = "2"
    input_reset_btn = "2"
    input_down_axis = "+1"
    input_right_axis = "+0"
    input_state_slot_increase_axis = "+0"
    input_x_btn = "0"
    input_menu_toggle_btn = "0"
    input_select_btn = "8"
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = "8"
    input_y_btn = "3"
    input_left_axis = "-0"
    input_state_slot_decrease_axis = "-0"

Anonymous
    Inactive
    input_device = "2Axes 11Keys Game  Pad"
    input_driver = "udev"
    input_b_btn = "2"
    input_y_btn = "3"
    input_select_btn = "8"
    input_start_btn = "9"
    input_up_axis = "-1"
    input_down_axis = "+1"
    input_left_axis = "-0"
    input_right_axis = "+0"
    input_a_btn = "1"
    input_x_btn = "0"
    input_l_btn = "4"
    input_r_btn = "5"

Yeah, every update, I move out the important files, game files/bios files, and redo the image fresh to avoid conflicts.

herbfargus

there’s your problem :P you’re missing the hotkey buttons.

you can manually add these to the list:

input_enable_hotkey_btn = "8"
    input_exit_emulator_btn = "9"
    input_save_state_btn = "5"
    input_load_state_btn = "4"
    input_menu_toggle_btn = "0"
    input_state_slot_increase_axis = "+0"
    input_state_slot_decrease_axis = "-0"

They are pretty self explanatory- the input enable hotkey is your hotkey button (the button you press in order to get key combinations to work with things like exit, save, load, etc)

select+start= exit
    select+right bumper= save
    select+left bumper= load
    etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you kindly sir. Can I just copy/paste them after the rest? Also, what did I do wrong to miss them? I used the normal controller setup thing. Just for future knowledge.

herbfargus

yep just copy and paste them right after everything else (it doesn’t matter which order they are in) I made sure they matched your specific buttons.

It should just configure them automatically when you configure your controller for the first time when you boot into emulationstation (it did for me)- it’s odd that it didn’t do that for yours. You’re not the only one though, a few others have had the same thing happen to them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.