Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jamesandjome-com
    Participant

Hello All,

I have run into an issue while playing PSX, every time I save a game at the first save point in a game it saves successfully. After a “clean exit” when I try to load the save file it does not appear on the memory card.

RetroArcH Recovery file saved in the home/pi/ Directory

Has anyone else had/solved this issue? I am running games from USB if that helps.

Omnija
    Participant

probably due to the permissions set to the folders/files are = to root rather then = to pi.

charco
    Participant

How do you change file permissions to “pi”?

labelwhore
    Participant

sudo chown pi:pi /path/to/your/folder

charco
    Participant

Thanks!

jamesandjome-com
    Participant

Thanks for the replies. This was my own mistake as I had been looking at the settings in my main retroarch.cfg file which was trying to save the files to my USB (I did not have permission.

I then changed this and it was still not working because I forgot to change the save directory setting in my PSX retroarch.cfg, which overrides the main file.

For anyone that might be interested I ended up creating a folder named saves in home/pi/RetroPie/saves and pointed all my systems to save and load from there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.