Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    skyrunner65
    Participant

Hello,
    since I’m not too sure about emulation of the PSOne on the Raspberry Pi 1 Model B, I was wondering if anyone has gotten it to work at a DECENT frame rate.

(I couldn’t find an answer in the Forums)

scarix
    Participant

I don’t think that the Raspberry Pi 1 Model B is the ideal Raspberry Pi to emulate PS1 games. I got a Raspberry Pi B+ and i couldn’t even play SNES games with the Super FX chip at a decent frame rate.

With the new Raspberry Pi 2B I could emulate all games (that i tested) on SNES, PS1 and N64 with good frame rate and Decent gameplay.

So i would say if you want to play PS1 games, i would recommend a Raspberry Pi 2B.

labelwhore
    Participant

I got the non-liberto core version to work very well on a B+. The liberto core version was a little slow and sounded a little like a recording of dog poop in a blender playing through a blown speaker. :P

Try installing the non liberto core version. Unfortunately I don’t have the steps to install it any more and it can’t be done through the retropie setup script.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve got the libretro core to work very well on a B+, but it requires a very high overclock and generous GPU memory allocation. The sound was crisp and accurate, with frame rates around 30fps on most games. Some 3D games would dip into the 20s or teens when there’s a lot of action on the screen like with crash bandicoot or rayman 2. My B+ was clocked at 1150mhz but I have active cooling so don’t try it if you don’t, unless of course you like baked raspberry pie. (pun intended)

labelwhore
    Participant

[quote=97051]I’ve got the libretro core to work very well on a B+, but it requires a very high overclock and generous GPU memory allocation. The sound was crisp and accurate, with frame rates around 30fps on most games. Some 3D games would dip into the 20s or teens when there’s a lot of action on the screen like with crash bandicoot or rayman 2. My B+ was clocked at 1150mhz but I have active cooling so don’t try it if you don’t, unless of course you like baked raspberry pie. (pun intended)

[/quote]
    I couldn’t overclock my B+ that high, I tried. Even with active cooling. It wouldn’t even power up. I could only get mine up to about 1050mhz, so with that, and the non-liberto core version of pcsx, psx games worked pretty much flawlessly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.