Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Processes that write to SD Card

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mikeveli20
    Participant

I’m attempting to move all writes to a 3rd partition on the SD Card (or maybe even a USB thumb drive) so that I can make the boot and root partitions read-only to prevent SD card corruption. I’ve currently changed several Retroarch directories such as save location, remap location, etc. to the 3rd partition and it works just fine.

Now I’m trying to figure out which processes currently write to the boot/root partitions and whether or not I can disable them. I’ve been looking at this guide, and it covers the removal of several processes. Will disabling these processes interfere with the functionality of retropie/emulationstation? Also, what are the retropie/emulationstation specific processes that write to the SD Card?

labelwhore
    Participant

runcommand logs errors to /tmp/runcommand.log I’m not sure what else you may need to be concerned about though.

mikeveli20
    Participant

Thanks. Do you know if it’s possible to send the log somewhere else?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.