Tagged: 

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Participant

hi can you add psp im sure it could cope with it and if there is one how where and when cheers.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I heard ppssppsdl is working fine but i didn’t try it yet. libretro-ppsspp is a no-go at the moment, you can build it with a lot of hacks, but it’s way too slow.

webhead
    Participant

got any ideas for a noob to get ppssppsdl on my pi cheers.

jbam
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwtffTKyG1o

my libretro ppsspp work in rpi 2
    this vidéo is old now ^^
    now : 100% full speed + 100% full screen + perfect shaders ;)
    but bugs with save and load

cliffyboro
    Participant

Any noobish friendly guide to compile it jbam? I’m perfectly fine using ssh console to do it. Are the save/load bugs to do with save state or actual saving in game?

gizmo98
    Participant

Hi jbam. If you can provide a step by step build instruction i will create a ppsspp-libretro module for retropie-setup.

jbam
    Participant

No this is not a contest .
    it’s just to answer to “libretro-ppsspp is a no-go at the moment, you can build it with a lot of hacks, but it’s way too slow.”
    It is available this week on http://www.mon-pi-et-moi.fr
    the solution is simple, Raspbian causes many worries about building ppsspp libretro and large changes are implemented.
    pass under archlinux :)

cliffyboro
    Participant

I don’t understand French :/

cliffyboro
    Participant

What a divvy. Why would anyone buy it when it’s free already is beyond me.

cliffyboro
    Participant

oldchocobo, is that all it is? 1 euro? I’ll donate and then pass the image onto this site so they can look at the psp implementation then it’s free for everyone.

cliffyboro
    Participant

links to his downloads

Sorry guy’s, I’ve removed the links as they contain illegal iso’s and roms.

I’m currently in the process of extracting the needed files and integrating them into my retropie setup. Once I’ve done (if i can accomplish it) i’ll zip the required files and zip them up and post a detailed guide on how to put it into your existing retropie setup’s.

I’ll see about making a simple script to do it but I’ve never wrote one before but it shouldn’t be too hard with a bit of help. It will only be a few commands like wget and unzipping, but I need to find a way to add the section into es_systems.cfg without replacing the existing one. The folder set up is slightly different on pigame centre regarding where roms are stored as it’s divided into sections like ‘console’ and ‘arcade’. I’m sure I can get some help with it from someone who knows what they’re doing.

sorry about all the posts btw.

gizmo98
    Participant

Please stay patient. I try to compile the sources myself. The current PPSSPP repo is a pain in the arse. First problem: You definitely need to compile ffmpeg from source because some libs are missing in the raspbian package. This took some time to find out. Second problem: cmake will not solve all dependencies. It is necessary to manually tune the Makefile. Third problem: There are GLES errors if you compile with USE_GLES. A header file must be tuned. Fourth problem: There are more than one build options. There are build scripts. You can use cmake. There seems to be no preferred solution for rpi. Fifth problem: There are many guys telling it runs after they have fiddled around with some files. But no one actually tells what he has changed.

PPSSPP repo is actually not ready for rpi. If it would it shouldn’t be necessary to do the whole mess.

cliffyboro
    Participant

Seems like a royal pain in the arse! I’ve got it to start games as referred to in the other thread (which I shall ask to be removed if it’s gonna just cause problems). It just seems to crash at the same point for each game I’ve tried (which I am wildly guessing is when it wants to access the memory stick). I guess I’ll just leave it to the people who know what they’re doing, such as yourself.

I was doing some reading on the official RPi forums and people who have been successful have only been so using an OS other than wheezy. IIRC the guy thinks it’s to do with arm6 libraries being used.

Would the RetroPie Setup script work with Jessie? Either Debian Jessie or simply changing the apt sources in Raspbian Wheezy to jessie and doing dist-upgrade?

I have plenty of sd cards and I’m having fun testing things at the minute as I’m still just learning a lot.

webhead
    Participant

as your on my thread can i have the password again so i can extract and play with that image please.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This jbam guy seems to be using instructions from https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/7479 to build his ppsspp-libretro. I did the same before posting my first comment and it didn’t run at full speed on the few games i tried, but i actually tried action-oriented games, it’s quite possible a game with an idol standing still (like the one he made a video from) wouldn’t have the same slow down.

webhead
    Participant

so howz it going anyone managed it yet????

jbam
    Participant

Good Morning

I reply to your message because I would like to clarify several points.
    I do not see where is the problem.

– YES, I work full time on a French optimized distribution retropie.
    – YES, this version is a demand and desire.
    – YES, my version offers options and services that do not offer retropie
    – YES, is specified on my site that is an adaptation of the retropie
    – NO, NO, NO, I not ask € 1 because this version is FREE and AVAIBLE on my website
    – NO, NO, NO my version does not contain Roms and bios or isos (talk about a private version of the link or you distributed illegally)
    – YES, people can give me a tip if desired but this IS NOT AN OBLIGATION.

What is the problem ???
    why every time someone does something it is always critical ?
    I thought it was only in France but at first no !

other distribution based on the retropie exists: for example RECAL BOX
    And nobody says anything ??

The retropie is based on the work of other people who are based on the work of other people …..

jbam
    Participant

Here is my version of psp libretro
    It’s free :) :)
    yes yes a gift :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8v4gdo5bpq6f2kv/psplibretro.zip?dl=0

I’m not resentful
    I can be wrong.
    But before spitting on me .
    Ask me, I do not bite ;) ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, i don’t really care about your english, my english is probably bad too. The main issue to me is that you used other people’s code, patched issues in it (NOT BY YOURSELF), mislead people, and don’t want to share the modified code. That’s some behavior i seriously hate.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I confirm he used https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/7479 to build ppsspp-libretro, i gave a try to his distro, same slow down on same games as my own version of ppsspp-libretro. I also confirm his distro contain a lot of bios. His distro is HEAVILY retropie-based, only different skin, a buggy ppsspp-libretro, some bios, pre-configuration for xbox360 controller, and different folders for roms. 300 hours ? There is barely 2 hours of work from retropie to your distro. Let me guess, you are marseillais ?

pokeparadox
    Participant

Has any one got this to create the memory stick saves and not crash?

zanduh
    Participant

So whatever happened to this? Did anyone make more progress? Or is the best option currently to use the instructions from the github thread?

pokeparadox
    Participant

If you grab the files from jbam above, then you can copy them into the correct places and get it running. But it seems to crash whenever the memorystick file should be created.

No one has mentioned anyway to get passed this problem. :(

Anonymous
    Inactive

As i mentioned, for people who really want psp on their rpi2, ppssppsdl should be faster, and perhaps without the memorystick issue. There are instructions on how to build it on the github thread (didn’t try myself).

zanduh
    Participant

[quote=93129]If you grab the files from jbam above, then you can copy them into the correct places and get it running. But it seems to crash whenever the memorystick file should be created.

No one has mentioned anyway to get passed this problem. :(
    [/quote]

Jbam deleted :(
    Do you happen to have them?

pokeparadox
    Participant

I do have the files, but they don’t do anything useful, hopefully someone will have better luck porting (and with less drama).

The Pandora has had a port for ages so I was surprised that this hadn’t been done yet, I’m guessing the original Pi was just to slow to handle it?

zanduh
    Participant

Could you upload the files to dropbox? I’d love to take a whack at it

pokeparadox
    Participant

Yes I could put it up somewhere to download. Please note I’m at work right now so I have no promises as to when I’ll get around to it, but possibly tonight when I’m back home.

Anonymous
    Inactive

is there a folder or .sh file we can run to set up a version of PPSSPP or another psp emu for us in retropie? it was apparently in the setup script at some point but I cant find it and would like to see if the games will run, as its about the best graphical hardware the pi can (just about) handle…

zanduh
    Participant

[quote=93477]Yes I could put it up somewhere to download. Please note I’m at work right now so I have no promises as to when I’ll get around to it, but possibly tonight when I’m back home.[/quote]

Can’t wait!

pokeparadox
    Participant

Doesn’t seem to let me put a link here and the file is too big to attach directly… :S

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Again,
    I have managed to get ppsspp Libretro to work on my Raspberry pi 2 with Retropie (I took the Happi-Game-Centre psp emulator, a French version of Retropie, and added the necessary files from the android/windows version that were missing)
    However I have had some problem with it: when ever i try to save an ISO (for example, Little Big Planet AutoSave) it crashes with the error message:

Pure Virtual Method Called
    terminate called without an active exception
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/psp/runcommand.sh: line 283: 2430 Aborted
    /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/psp/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/psplibretro/ppsspp_libretro.so –config /opt/retropie/configs/all/psp/retroarch.cfg –appendconfig /opt/retropie/configs/psp/retroarch.cfg,/tmp/retroarch-rate.cfg /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/psp/Little\ Big\ Planet.iso

The line is question is the evaluation line for $command:

eval $command </dev/tty 2>/tmp/runcommand.log

if anyone could help fix this error I would be more than happy to make a tutorial to get it working, but at the moment I feel like it is not worth people’s time to copy files and scripts to result in a fairly major error message like this.

Any Ideas Are Appreciated, And Any Questions Please Ask!
    AJ

noldor
    Participant

From the official ppsspp git reporitory, https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/7479

petrockblog
    Keymaster

[quote=94273]From the official ppsspp git reporitory, https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/7479
    [/quote]
    So, it still does not seem to work, does it?

webhead
    Participant

what a bummer keep going people please i love you all…

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 40 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.