Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am currently working on a PHP and SQLite powered scraper that will both rename your ROMs to a standard format (Removing the goodSET convention), and also acts as a scraper.

The renaming is optional, and is passed as a param.

When scraping, you can specify a specific platform, or scrape all platforms, and it will store all information (and also update information that’s been changed), in a local .db file, using SQLlite. The package will also install apache2 web server, which will allow you to browse your roms collection, including all scraped information, in a nice web-based UI. I am talking with Aloshi right now, in incorporating emulationstation to use .db structure in a future release, in hopes that this system will work with emulationstation as well.

I am hoping that by switching to SQLite, which won’t use any more resources than ES is already using (as SQLite is built into the ES core itself, and not an external application), that it will provide a much wider option of stuff to be developed for it, like for example the web interface I am designing and developing.

Once I get the UI nailed down, I will post pictures of how I envision it to look, and will take opinions, even now, on what you guys think.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

this sounds sweet! are you thinking of a box-art/cartridge art database too? I’m sure some of us in the retropie community would help bring a set of high quality ones! I definitely would donate the ones I have,
    great work by the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ex0r
    Participant

Well I was planning to just scrape the boxart from thegamesdb.net along with the other info, it would just be stored locally to your pi.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

that’s an even better idea mate! sounds cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trimmtrabb
    Participant

sounds great, looking forward to seeing how it works out :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.