Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    davidj1987
    Participant

Very odd. Using Beta 2 of 3.0 on a fresh install. Regular PCE games work fine.

I have the correct BIOS and my ISO’s work on the PCE-FAST core on the x64-86 version of Retroarch. Apples and Oranges but it should still work, no? I’ve tried redump, some bin cue and another bin cue rip of Dracula X for example and no dice.

I have tried putting the BIOS in the core directory, the bios folder (/home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS/) and in the rom folder. I have renammed it uppercase and lowercase etc and I have no idea why this is not working.

brunchero
    Participant

I use 2.6 image with Mednafen PCE Fast (folder pcengine), having the syscard3 file in the bios folder (lowercase).

CUE, BIN/ISO and OGG files are in game subfolders. (MP3 is not supported IIRC, so it must be converted to OGG or WAVE with the CUE sheet adjusted accordingly.)

The files referenced in the CUE sheet should have short names, like track01.bin. That worked for me, when I had some “Error opening file” warnings. The cue file can keep it’s fancy name.

I forgot: You might have to add CUE and TOC extensions to the Turbografx section of your es_systems.cfg, if not present in 3.0 beta already.

d8thstar
    Participant

hey brunchero,

i am also having issues of the Turbo CD erring out and not loading. I have tried everything and still not working.

would you mind posting the specific area from your cfg file?

thanks

fyi, this is what i get in my runcommand.log:

Loading %s…

Using module: %s(%s)

CD-ROM speed: %ux

ROM: %dKiB

ROM CRC32: 0x%04x

ROM MD5: 0x%s

Savestate name: /media/TurboCD/Beyond ShadowGate.sav
    Street Fighter 2 Mapper

Loading custom palette from “%s”…

Error opening file: %m

/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: line 554: 2490 Aborted /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-mednafen-pce/libretro.so –config /opt/retropie/configs/pcengine/retroarch.cfg “/media/TurboCD/Beyond ShadowGate.bin” –appendconfig /tmp/retroarch.cfg

brunchero
    Participant

I added CUE extensions to es_systems.cfg like this:

<path>~/RetroPie/roms/pcengine</path>
    <extension>.pce .PCE .zip .ZIP .cue .CUE .toc .TOC</extension>

But I see you are trying to load a file “Beyond ShadowGate.bin” with a space in the name. My suggestion is to rename that to e.g. “BSG.bin”, and adjust the CUE file to load that renamed file.

FILE "BSG.bin" BINARY
      TRACK 01 AUDIO
        INDEX 01 00:00:00

d8thstar
    Participant

thanks for the suggestion but that didn’t work.

there seems to be an error in my run command, as listed in the log, line 554 but I would have no idea how to fix that.

brunchero
    Participant

I don’t think thats an error in the Shell Script, the line number is only the position where the Call occurs, that starts the emulator, as reference. The Error message was “Error opening file”, and the emulator aborted.

Now I realize that your runcommand apparently calls the BIN-file directly:
    “/media/TurboCD/Beyond ShadowGate.bin”

Instead there should be the CUE file, “.bin” is not even in my extension list for PCE. Are you sure the CUE file is chosen in Emulation Station? (Maybe 3.0 beta2 differs here.) Could you post your lastest runcommand.log again?

PS: the captcha is a pita, often “ERROR: Invalid captcha value”. I am sure I can math! :)

d8thstar
    Participant

thats not it. my BIN is now named BSG.bin and the CUE is named “Beyond ShadowGate.CUE” so i can see them both and load the appropriate one. when loading the CUE file, I get:

RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: Frontend supports RGB565 – will use that instead of XRGB1555.
    RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: PCE CD Audio settings changed.
    RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: Loading /media/TurboCD/Beyond ShadowGate.CUE…

RetroArch [ERROR] :: rarch_log_libretro :: [libretro ERROR] :: Error opening file No such file or directory
    RetroArch [ERROR] :: rarch_log_libretro :: [libretro ERROR] :: Error opening file No such file or directory
    RetroArch [ERROR] :: rarch_log_libretro :: [libretro ERROR] :: Error opening CD.
    RetroArch [ERROR] :: load_content :: Failed to load content.
    RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: [Mednafen PCE Fast]: Samples / Frame: nan
    RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: [Mednafen PCE Fast]: Estimated FPS: nan

when loading the BIN file, I get:

RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: Frontend supports RGB565 – will use that instead of XRGB1555.
    RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: PCE CD Audio settings changed.
    RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: Loading /media/TurboCD/BSG.bin…

RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: Using module: pce_fast(PC Engine (CD)/TurboGrafx 16 (CD)/SuperGrafx)

RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: ROM: 455710KiB

RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: ROM CRC32: 0xf1a70eee

RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: ROM MD5: 0xb228a009efd4dc05e999201ae5928391

RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: Street Fighter 2 Mapper

unhandled setting F: pce_fast.mouse_sensitivity
    RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: MDFN_MakeFName:
    RetroArch [WARN] :: gl_glsl_init :: [GL]: Stock GLSL shaders will be used.
    RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: [Mednafen PCE Fast]: Samples / Frame: 734.33076
    RetroArch: rarch_log_libretro: [libretro INFO] :: [Mednafen PCE Fast]: Estimated FPS: 60.05468

from my es_systems.cfg file:

<system>
    <fullname>TurboGrafx 16 (PC Engine)</fullname>
    <name>pcengine</name>
    <path>/media/TurboCD</path>
    <extension>.pce .bin .BIN .PCE .cue .CUE</extension>
    <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ pcengine %ROM%</command>
    <platform>pcengine</platform>
    <theme>pcengineCD</theme>
    </system>

any thoughts?

brunchero
    Participant

Ok I see your CUE file is loaded, sorry I was unsure before. I would guess, now the referenced files inside the CUE can not be loaded, for some reason. Can you post or attach the specific CUE file?

Might be a stupid question, but: Does the list of files inside the CUE file match the files+extensions in that folder? Is music separated or inside the BIN? (Both variants work in my case.)

d8thstar
    Participant

here is the beginning of my cue file. fyi, the audio for this title is inside the bin. also, the bin is named exactly as it is below.

i have tried a few different games and all the same crash.

FILE “BSG.bin” BINARY
    TRACK 01 AUDIO
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    TRACK 02 MODE1/2352
    PREGAP 00:02:00
    INDEX 01

brunchero
    Participant

That looks perfect then, and I am out of ideas. Sorry it did not work.

d8thstar
    Participant

maybe it just my game image. can you give me a list of games that are working on your end? that way i can try a couple.

thanks for everything

d8thstar
    Participant

i just got my first game to work! maybe it is the images that i have that are corrupt or incompatible.

another update, definitely isn’t liking the bin/cue on my end. i took the beyond shadow gate bin file, converted it to ISO and it now works.

brunchero
    Participant

Thats good news, glad you found a way! Have fun then!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.