Viewing 35 posts - 36 through 70 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    threepwood
    Participant

Doom, quake und duke nukem reminds me always on the dos prompt

C:\>

But dosprompt can be misunderstood

Or the arrow keypad of a keyboard maybe? wasd keys?

sekazi
    Participant

Here are the two I did. I think I will stick with the stylized keys.

http://i.imgur.com/swUoulK.png

http://i.imgur.com/oRWH3WT.jpg

Still both I think are better than a doom logo

threepwood
    Participant

I like the normal style more, but in the end it’s your decision

Both looks good

threepwood
    Participant

Another suggestion for your theme:

I use the nbba theme at the moment (not es, not ns).

Where the “es” theme provides a little too much information (all the description of the game), for me the nbba theme provides a little too less.

I would like to see the games list on the right, just like it is.

On the upper left a large picture of the gamebox.

And on the lower left side just a few informations (at best in a small font, if possible)
    – Players/Coop
    – Genre
    – Release date
    – developer/publisher

Because of the huge amount of games its sometimes hard to find a 2 player shooter for example.

Altough I/we probably know many games, but I also discovered many which I don’t know. This would ease the searching process.

Just an idea…

sekazi
    Participant

One of the other themes I have been working on has a limited amount of information displayed. It is pretty much your list minus the publisher. I just have been trying to decide how I want to display the controller maps in one of the corners.

http://i.imgur.com/6sn7791.jpg

The default theme I do agree has a lot of open space not used so I will look into incorporating some additional information.

sekazi
    Participant

As I was waiting for 48 GB to copy to my raspberry pi I decided to knock out the dreamcast.

http://i.imgur.com/2Jqf9Fe.jpg

Is it even playable on the raspberry pi? I may have to give it a try.

sekazi
    Participant

So I have been simplifying the theme code and decided to give this a try. It looks good but kind of awkward when viewing the handheld systems.

http://i.imgur.com/wSgh45y.jpg

My rpi seems to be running it without issue so no memory problems that I can tell. I will likely provide options with and without the system shown.

I tried increasing the background images to a higher resolution just below 720p but my rpi immediately freezes on boot again so I will be sticking with the 576p images. I still have yet to test on my rpi 1b.

I have changed all of the regular bg.png files to a jpg file to save a whole lot of space.

I was thinking about the controls preview and I think what I may end up doing is showing the controls after you select a game. It would be brief but not sure of any other way. I have thought about having the first game listed show the controls but that i feel is too much work and who knows what es will do when you try to launch the entry.

I will likely make another release this weekend.

smnpl
    Participant

Really, best theme I’ve seen so far. I just registered just for this (=
    If you are doing a new release, please consider including a theme for C64 as well.
    Thanks for your hard work!

sekazi
    Participant

[quote=102720]Really, best theme I’ve seen so far. I just registered just for this (=
    If you are doing a new release, please consider including a theme for C64 as well.
    Thanks for your hard work!

[/quote]

http://i.imgur.com/JLSmEPG.jpg

sekazi
    Participant

The first post has been updated with the v1 release.

I wanted to make some other changes but the number of changes already made was getting difficult to go without a release.

smnpl
    Participant

The bomb!
    If I could wish for one more logo, maybe you could do a “Steam” one. I’m using emulationstation on windows and have some Steam games linked in there… Though, I can understand if not as it isn’t a console per se.

Again thanks for the cool stuff!

sekazi
    Participant

Raspberry Pi has Limelight which I have yet to figure out which allows you to stream steam games from the raspberry pi.

Do you want a pack of higher resolution images? I have a set of 1080p images and higher resolution game consoles.

smnpl
    Participant

Higher resolution is always a good thing. Like bluetooth. Everything is better with bluetooth =)

sekazi
    Participant

I have added a link in the download in the first post to download the high resolution images.

How does the steam section look like in ES on windows?

smnpl
    Participant

Well, originally there is no Steam section. I just added a custom system to the systems.xml … So there is no actual existing look for it.

I’d just say somewhat like ports, but using the Steam Logo somehow. (Logo for example: https://media2.giga.de/2013/11/Square_Steam_Logo.png)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great work, but the NTSC/US version of the SNES looks like s**t :(

How about the PAL version?

Super Nintendo - PAL

gamer-frank
    Participant

This is a great looking theme.

Would you consider adding a theme for the Sega CD, Intellivision, and Atari 5200/7800 systems? I can only imagine how much time it must take to do this, so please only consider my request if you have the time.

sekazi
    Participant

[quote=102833]Great work, but the NTSC/US version of the SNES looks like s**t

How about the PAL version?

[/quote]

nbba theme Alternate Region Images

you can download it here

https://mega.co.nz/#!CIQEBQII!RmKwWCNIVWeLFHTE9pQ9g6Sf2gpMRl02QnRwETZVMEc

[quote=102862]This is a great looking theme.

Would you consider adding a theme for the Sega CD, Intellivision, and Atari 5200/7800 systems? I can only imagine how much time it must take to do this, so please only consider my request if you have the time.

[/quote]

Really the only time consuming part of the whole thing is finding the console without a controller attached and finding a very clean high resolution controller or outline of a controller.

Sega CD was already on my list as someone I know wants Sega CD on his raspberry pi.

I didnt get around to the 5200 and 7800 because I could not get the emulators to work on my pi but I would like to get it to work.

I actually have intellivision files saved somewhere

sekazi
    Participant

It has been a little while. I have been busy so I have not had much time. But today I have gotten majority of the work done so I believe by Friday or Saturday I should have another pack out that has

Atari 5200
    Atari 7800
    Intellivision
    Sega CD

robertybob
    Participant

[quote=103522]It has been a little while. I have been busy so I have not had much time. But today I have gotten majority of the work done so I believe by Friday or Saturday I should have another pack out that has

Atari 5200
    Atari 7800
    Intellivision
    Sega CD

[/quote]

Good news! I’ll be waiting :)

sekazi
    Participant

The first post was updated with the new release. I went ahead and built new zip files to make organization easier for me.

http://i.imgur.com/Nhu0fwC.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/ijFoyUN.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/nw0iYzz.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/TBbERlw.jpg

I still kind of want to redo the Atari 7800 buttons on the controller.

herbfargus

This theme looks really good! Once we get the repo set up for themes I think that yours would be a great addition.

eral
    Participant

I was just looking to replace the default theme in es, and found your theme. This is absolutely fantastic.

I did have some issues initially es would crash when attempting to load the theme. I found some of the pathing in the theme.xml files was not accurate for my es installation. I resolved this my making the paths relative to the .xml files.

Now it works perfectly, would you consider adding a Nintendo DS theme?

Really great work!!!

sekazi
    Participant

[quote=103849]I did have some issues initially es would crash when attempting to load the theme. I found some of the pathing in the theme.xml files was not accurate for my es installation. I resolved this my making the paths relative to the .xml files.[/quote]

I would be interested in knowing what pathing was not working for you. Each theme essentially does ./../nbba theme/ for all of its resources so it goes back to the default theme to get the files. I am not specifying ES specific until the gamelist.xml which references images.

[quote=103849]Now it works perfectly, would you consider adding a Nintendo DS theme?[/quote]

I will add that next update. Next update may not happen for another 2-3 weeks as I have plans and will be busy. I may end up with 7 additional consoles themed in the next update.

eral
    Participant

To be honest I’m not entirely sure why they paths didn’t work, but ES would crash at startup with out the following changes.

nbaa theme\theme.xml
    ./../nbba theme -> ./

nbaa theme\sytem\theme.xml
    ./../../nbba theme/system -> ./

examples:
    ./../nbba theme/main/font.ttf -> ./main/font.ttf

./../../nbba theme/atari2600/logo.svg -> ./logo.svg

herbfargus

I’ve fixed some of the paths and added it to the new theme downloader from the setup script. Its missing a few things for the retropie menu but it seems as though everything else works.

Once the theme is more complete I’ll work on integrating everything fully in the source so it can be downloaded easily from the setup script.

sekazi
    Participant

That is really odd as ./ = current folder and ../ = go back a folder so ./../ = go back a folder and then the rest of the path is forward. No matter so long as the main theme is in the correctly named “nbba theme” folder the paths should have worked fine.

On my computer I keep all of the themes separated from the files which is why the main theme is also written the same way.

I noticed today when working on my Raspberry Pi that the RetroPie 3.0 release has a new settings entry in the gamelist so the next update will have an icon and entry put into the theme.

dougie1970
    Participant

hi thanks for the best theme i have seen and could you add SG 1000 and Virtual Boy as well to next update .

thanks

Omnija
    Participant

Nice an updated version of Florian Hurtaut’s theme, keep up the work.

sekazi
    Participant

[quote=104062]hi thanks for the best theme i have seen and could you add SG 1000 and Virtual Boy as well to next update .

thanks

[/quote]
    To be included in the next updates are below by priority.

Atari 7800 (Redoing background)
    Sega CD (Redoing background with 6 button arcade pad)
    SNK Neo Geo (Providing alternate gamepad background)
    Nintendo DS
    Sega SG-1000
    Nintendo Virtual Boy
    Sega Saturn
    SNK Neo Geo Pocket
    Atari Jaguar
    Magnavox Odyssey 2/Philips Videopac G7000
    3DO Interactive Multiplayer

Sega Saturn and down will likely be a separate update depending how consumed I get next month.

[quote=104088]Nice an updated version of Florian Hurtaut’s theme, keep up the work.

[/quote]
    I thought I had him mentioned in the first post but realized it went away after the numerous changes to the post. I have added a reference to the next readme and into the first post. His theme is what made me want to make this theme.

Crumb
    Participant

Any plans to do an alternate Mega Drive logo?

I’m loving this theme!

sekazi
    Participant

[quote=104271]Any plans to do an alternate Mega Drive logo?

I’m loving this theme!

[/quote]

I will add that to the list. So it would be

Mega Drive
    Mega Drive 32x
    Mega CD

Crumb
    Participant

That’s brilliant, thank you.

sekazi
    Participant

The next release will likely take even longer than expected. Too many things going on currently.

Here is just the Megadrive logo for now.
    https://mega.nz/#!XBIRmLAZ!bSuR4C9WPKsPgab7ucHaMRNuOW5IiX4LqhzJGOZWHmA

It has the minimal one and the one like the official logo. When I did the look up of the logos I was having difficulty finding a Mega CD logo and 32x logo. I can create the 32x logo from scratch when I get to it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wonder where you found these background images, because I want to find some missing me like 3DO and Atari Jaguar for example. Or if by chance is you who creates them could give me a hint on how to create made?
    I thank you.

Viewing 35 posts - 36 through 70 (of 118 total)
  • The forum ‘Emulation Station Themes’ is closed to new topics and replies.