Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project No sound with the 2.6 Image (Fixed With Solution)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kevinsilhouette
    Participant

I recently installed the new 2.6 version up from the 2.5.x version that was fixed for the RPI2 few weeks ago. It was working great decided to see how the new image worked, there is no sound from any emulators at all (using HDMI cable). Do any of you have similar problems ? Anyone have idea on what / how to fix it? I’ve tried my Openelec image to make sure the sound wasn’t shot. Thanks.

SOLUTION –

(Credit to justinbeaird comment from https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/no-hdmi-sound-on-retropie-2-5-0-beta/)

1. hit f4 while in emulation station. ( Skip if you’re using putty )

2. type

sudo nano /boot/config.txt

3. uncoment or add (I added)

hdmi_drive=2

4. then push ctrl+x to exit then type Y to save

5. then type

sudo reboot

kmhamel
    Participant

I had the same problem, use sudo raspi-config and force the audio to hdmi. Works for all my os’s

kevinsilhouette
    Participant

[quote=88680]I had the same problem, use sudo raspi-config and force the audio to hdmi. Works for all my os’s[/quote]

I just tried it, nothing at all. Thanks for the help, I might just go back to 2.5

**** Just got it working thanks to another post I found here****

No HDMI sound on RetroPie 2.5.0 beta

neighbourhoodnerd
    Participant

This helped me! Cheers :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.