Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Nintendo 64 Emulator not working – Segmentation Fault

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    viralriver
    Participant

Hi, I have recently installed RetroPie using the latest image onto an 8gb micro sd (I’m using a B+ pi).

Initially I transferred over some GB roms, and they work perfectly. I then tried some GBA roms, and they didn’t work but after transferring over the gba_bios file, they worked.

Finally, I now want to run N64 files but I cannot get them to work. I have transferred over Pokemon Stadium, and on selecting it in the ES menu, the screen resolution changes and then I get the message:

/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: line 23: 2335 Segmentation fault ./mupen64plus /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/n64/Pokemon\ Stadium.z64

I have seen someone else posted this problem on this blog but no resolution was found. I tried to reinstall the mugenplus emulator via the retropie_setup.sh file, but it gave me an error after about 30 minutes of execution.

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know! Oh and I’m not too confident with the terminal, so please explain everything thoroughly :P .

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bump
    I’m suprised that this issue has not been resolved and there are 3+ posts about it. From what i have read the guy who was forking the build from official repos has depreciated the project so it’s not as confusing.
    The build process is the same, but I can’t test it on the RetroPie right now>

To setup, run the following commands:

sudo apt-get install git # to install git if you don’t have it.
    git clone http://github.com/ricrpi/mupen64plus # to clone the repository
    cd mupen64plus
    ./build.sh # to build the binaries and shared libraries
    sudo ./install.sh # to install mupen64plus into /usr/local/bin

You can also try reading my post on the bottom of this page if it won’t compile. Like I stated I haven’t had a chance to test.

viralriver
    Participant

On the build I get the following error:

*****************Changing branch from master to ric_dev for mupen4plus-core
    Branch ric_dev set up to track remote branch ric_dev from origin.
    Switched to a new branch ‘ric_dev’
    Not enough memory to build
    Please set CONF_SWAPSIZE to >= 404 in /etc/dphys-swapfile and run ‘sudo dphys-swapfile setup; sudo reboot’

This is after a lot of ‘cloning’ it just stopped with the above message. I SCPed into the mupen64plus directory under home, but couldn’t find any directory called ‘etc’. Any advice?

gizmo98
    Participant

Your swapfile is too small. Try this:

Mupen64plus (ricrpi branch)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.