Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    raymate
    Participant

Just setup with a logic tech usb controller the menus work fine after setting the buttons but once the game runs the game only plays with my USB keyboard

herbfargus

It looks like you may have only configured the controllers for emulation station and not necessarily the emulators themselves. Floob has some good tutorials on how to do this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OBloKEbBRAU

raymate
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have followed that video and in fact did do that (register the USB controller)

The issues I get is I’m as the screen when it says please make sure only the USB controller is plugged in, I press enter on the OK then it goes straight to the window telling me the file has been saved it does not give me the window to press the button to config them.

Before that window comes up I do see for a second the black window that I assume is the one to enter the button presses.

Any ideas what I can do now, even tried it with no keyboard plugged in but of course I have no way to press enter not he OK

herbfargus

When I configured it I used ssh to start the program and then once it told me to enter the keys I used the controller, even though it wasn’t showing on my TV screen what was happening on my computer it would still register the joypad buttons.

You can also change the controls manually:

sudo nano /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

This shows an example of where to add the joypad configs:

[Solved] Issues with retroarch.cfg configuration for joypads – exit emulator

raymate
    Participant

May need to do it manually as I SSH in with only the controller attached and it did the same again as soon as you hit OK, it goes to the next screen saying it was saved and does not let me config.

Think I may also try a free install on a new card.

raymate
    Participant

Created a new card from scratch, this time did not update any software and it worked, now I was able to config the controller.

This was a basic logitech controller I had, still can’t make it see my Neo Geo USB arcade stick. But the joypad is a start.

Thanks for you help

herbfargus

Yep sorry I wasn’t more help. Glad its at least some of it works :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.