Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project New Raspberry pi B+ unit… plug and play w existing chip?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    wrichards
    Participant

with the new B+ model… can I just plug in my micro sd from my B unit and no problems? anyone use try this new unit yet? would like to know if any mods need to be made or if I can just use exactly my chip as is….

thanks for any responses in advance

morias
    Participant

I have one. Hadn’t had time to use it yet and didn’t get any tv time from my wife last night. Maybe tonight if someone doesn’t answer your query first. I think it will be fine provided the raspbian base is updated.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

same, I’ll hopefully test mine tomorro too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trimmtrabb
    Participant

First I heard of it here, four usb ports will be very handy :-) Just need a decent 2A psu

wrichards
    Participant

i would love to just pull chip from B and put into B+ without any problems or updates. as im using a micro-chip w adapter in B unit now, would be an easy swap

morias
    Participant

My setup is also on a micro sd (with adapter) so I should be able to quickly test it tonight. I don’t anticipate any problems.

zsprawl
    Participant

The 4 USB ports is appealing indeed. Yes, I know you can use a powered hub, but I don’t like using a powered hub.

morias
    Participant

I can happily report that the B+ works just fine. I didn’t have to change a thing.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

same! just like switching normal pi’s awesome! I’ve packed away my powered hub, and have my F710 & wireless keyboard with track pad and my usb mounted file system! all plugged in the Pi+ now I could add my other F710 or I could actually start using my PiFi

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/18/ypubebuq.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.