Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project NES zip extractions not deleting on exit

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    momaw27
    Participant

Hey all!

So I’ve noticed that my NES zip extractions are not deleting on exit… which results in double listing on the next bootup.

The other systems seem to be deleting their extractions after exit.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

mavic19
    Participant

Only put unzipped roms in your folders (except MAME and Neo-Geo). All other console game roms can be unzipped before putting them into your related Retropie emulator folders.

windale
    Participant

[quote=97675]Only put unzipped roms in your folders (except MAME and Neo-Geo). All other console game roms can be unzipped before putting them into your related Retropie emulator folders.

[/quote]

Not really ideal if you dont have a lot of space on your SD card.

SNES, Genesis, TurboGrafx16, PSX, and Amiga games all work fine compressed and it saves a lot of space.

mavic19
    Participant

[quote=97682]Not really ideal if you dont have a lot of space on your SD card.[/quote]

Meh. microSD cards are cheap so there should be no reason to run anything smaller than 16GB. Running a 32GB Class 10 with 2700 roms + the OS and only utilizing 14.32GB with all console games unzipped. No issues and no mess (duplicates). I’ll take that.

windale
    Participant

[quote=97689]

Not really ideal if you dont have a lot of space on your SD card.

Meh. microSD cards are cheap so there should be no reason to run anything smaller than 16GB. Running a 32GB Class 10 with 2700 roms + the OS and only utilizing 14.32GB with all console games unzipped. No issues and no mess (duplicates). I’ll take that.

[/quote]

Each to their own. All my roms are originally zipped so why bother unzipping them first and then copying them to the pi (and using over double the storage space). If the emulators work with zipped roms then it’s a no-brainer. The only ones that leave duplicates are NES. We just have to leave those unzipped until it gets fixed. Luckily they are small ROMs.

I also have a 32gb card but some people will just use the 8gb card that came with the Pi and if they use zipped roms then they can get a lot on there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.