Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project N64 problem starting ROMs: file or directory not found

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    wrzr123
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’m new to RetroPie and at the moment I’m trying to get everything startet. I’ve got to work SNES, PSX and GBC, everything with 2 controllers, but I’m stuck with N64 now.

When I launch a ROM, the resolution changes, but then it falls back to EmulationStation. Following line is printed in the console:
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: line 23: ./mupen64plus: file or directory not found
    I got a German locale, so this is just my translation into English. The words could be different for people with an English locale.

The error looks similar to the one with the Segmentation fault (same path, same line) but I guess it’s not the same.
    Could it be that I lack the file mupen64plus? Where should it be and where can I get this from? I use the 2.3-image provided here.

Thanks for your help!

quik148
    Participant

I’ve read elsewhere that 2.3 might be the problem. I am having the same issue (new build).

wrzr123
    Participant

Yes, I read that there are lots of problems with mupen64 in the 2.3 build. One of them is the segmentation fault, but this can be fixed with the exchange of the libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0 file. But I don’t have this file at all in my directory, so guess there is more wrong.

wrzr123
    Participant

Okay, now I tried to “reinstall” mupen with the RetroPie-Setup Script. I ran the script, chose Source-based installation, and unchecked every package except the one for for mupen64. At the end of the installation the following error-message occured:
    Could not successfully compile Mupen 64 Plus RPi. See debug.log for more details.
    So there is a generel problem with the installation I guess. Which debug.log do I have to check?? Where can I find it?

Gerry

that Topic still open?

i have the same problem :/
    i also tried to change the libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0 from an 2.2 build, but even that did not work for me :/ hope someone is soon coming upu with a solution for that, because N64 was the biggest reason to switch to RetroPI, in overall still an awesome Project. thanks for all the time and effort you guys are putting in :) (reference: . )

regards,

wrzr123
    Participant

Topic is still open, I could not resolve the error yet!
    In the meantime I could find out how to read the log-file from the installation, but that didn’t help either. I couldn’t find any error-message at all in it…

tounch

I’ve the same problem :(

gerry

for me, the exchange of the libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0 which i could find here in the forum did not work :/
    i know you do your best and i hope with the new release or an update it will work soon.

so long my retropie will remain in a corner of my room :D

tounch

Hi,
    where did you find the libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0 file ?

Thx

shywolf28

I got it from this post

N64: Segmentation fault

Gerry

same here, but for me it did not work :/
    maybe lack of linux skills, but the file acutally was exchanged

dizzycrosby
    Participant

Changing the libmupen64plus.so.2.0.0 file did not help me. Same issue. I can get it to run from the command line but not from Emulationstation.

dizzycrosby
    Participant

Has anyone ever tried to get M64Py to run on Raspberry Pi? It’s a Mupen64Plus frontend GUI. I played around with it on a PC. Its an easy way to see what settings work the best.

http://m64py.sourceforge.net/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.