Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    supernashwan
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    I have played around for ages and cant seem to get this working. does anyone know what i need to change to make the mario kart 64 menus show up correctly?

herbfargus

I had the same issue. What I did was I unzipped my rom and placed it in the mupen64plus folder, I also overclocked my pi to the pi2 1000 mhz overclocking, then I changed the video plugin from mupen64gles2 to mupen64rice in the mupen64plus.cfg file. Once I opened up the game again in the emulator it fixed it, then I exited back out and changed the screen update setting from 6 to 4

see here for details: (i used it just tonight and it worked perfectly.)
    https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/n64-two-player/

this also helps:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WX7RrzUtII

zersus
    Participant

mupen64rice have some disadvantageous (see the links below), but it is OK for Mario Kart.

mupen64 and mupen64plus

N64 glitch

supernashwan
    Participant

Thanks guys,
    I changed the video plugin to rice and it now works from the command line, but when i launch it from emulation station it comes up with the error

failed to append config “/opt/retropie/configs/n64/retroarch.cfg”

and loads up in default mode which is n64 with the crashed screens. From what i can tell this is an issue with multiple configs in retroarch as buzz stated in another post here

does anyone have n64 working currenlty with the 2.6 image?

zersus
    Participant

Yes of course, I have the mupen64 and mupen64plus up and running. Everyone with some little bugs, but they do run.
    Look here:

mupen64 and mupen64plus

Even Floob replied :). Your error looks familiar to me, I think I had the same, and that it was fixed by adding the ‘sudo’ in front of the command line for the N64 and if I’m not mistaken, it was in the retroarch.cfg. but I could be wrong, I need to check on that at home.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.