Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everybody let me first say thank you to the head(s) behind this amazing retropi project!

My problem is the mupen64 and mupen64plus.
    I have them both up and running on my Raspberry Pi 2 and, I’m using the 2.5 img (if I’m not mistaken). My linux knowlange is unter average, but as far as I can tell everything is up to date. I used the update option in the retropi-setup.sh as well as sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade.
    The Problem in detail is, that the mupen64 can’t display the games correctly, the look all like this: http://imgur.com/Keg2JUp,TVWSzNZ

The mupen64plus can run the games very well, but this emulator crashed on some roms for example when trying to run Zelda. The other Problem is, I can’t enter the RetroArch menu like here:http://imgur.com/Keg2JUp,TVWSzNZ#1

Is there a way to make the mupen64 run the games like the plus-version AND enter the RetroArch menu? I’m to unsure in the linux world to start copy/past files from one folder in to another. And the problem is, I can only find the mupen64plus folder, but not the “normal” mupen64.

I really tried to google this problem, but could not find any solution. Please help me to make the mupen64 up and running :).
    PS: I just register here very fresh, how is my avatar picture here all of the sudden?

zersus
    Participant

Hello everybody, I like to keep you up to date. What I did now is, I changed the video plug in by following this video! http://youtu.be/4WX7RrzUtII
    Now the mupen64plus can start Zelda Ocarina of tie, but with some big glitches. Same goes for other games. The original mupen64 sadly don’t change. It is still the faster emulator and games seems to run on better ftps, but still look broken like shown in my first screenshot.

Floob

In your first example, rather than put the mario kart rom in the /n64 directory – put it in the n64-mupenplus directory and it should run fine.

zersus
    Participant

Hello Floob, thank you for your reply. Using the mupenplus has it advantages, and a view disadvantages. Fir example it can’t run Zelda, Ocarina of Time. I can’t enter the RetroArch menu, I need to use a keyboard for exiting/quick-save/load/etc. The regular mupen64 can do all that, but have glitches.

Is there no possibility to use a mixture of both rather then this or that?

Floob

Sure, you can put roms in both emulators to use both via Emulation Station.

mupenplus has a config file where you can set shortcut keys for exiting etc..
    See this video:

clone206
    Participant

You can also setup mupen64plus to use one of two available video plug ins on a per game basis. Note that using retroarch mupen64plus isn’t what I’m talking about here. You can setup the non-retroarch mupen64plus to use both the default video plugin and the rice video plugin that come with retropie.

The rice plugin works with a lot more roms than the default plugin, and you still get better performance than with retroarch.

See the following:

https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/mupen64plus-ricrpi-branch/page/2/#post-87770

zersus
    Participant

Thank you for your replies and help, I will look in to this as soon as I get home.

Can I make one emulator use rice and one emulator the original video file?

gizmo98
    Participant

You can use experimental module mupen64plus-testing. This module adds rom folders for every video plugin.

zersus
    Participant

Interesting! I can’t wait so see, how it will looks like in the Emulation Station.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.