Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project N64 games running bad – is there a fix?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jellearts
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve been trying to relive some of my childhood memories with retropie. Thusfar I really love it!

Unfortunately I can’t seem to get the N64 roms working properly… Allmost all of them have a crackling sound, plus the framerate is really slow.

I’ve been reading up on the forum regarding config.txt settings, and after like 30 different attempts I still don’t have a nice setup.

Also, running on a 5v power cable guys.. so there should be no issue there.

Any suggestions?

ps: if you managed to find the ‘holy grail’ of config.txt please upload it to the forum. Most of the tips are just bits and peaces which might be in conflict with other settings.

phoenix
    Participant

What model of pi do you have? What model of Retropie are you using? And what emulators have you tried? All these things are important to get help.

jellearts
    Participant

Thanks for your reply!

I’m using the B+ model and version 3.0 beta of retropie. I’ve tried all the separate emulators which are installed out of the box on 3.0 beta. I’ve tried to change video settings from high res to low res, nothing seems to work.

Hope this gives a better perspective.

ps: I’ve ordered the Pi 2B, which should be here today.

phoenix
    Participant

If you search “N64” using the search panel, you’ll find a lot of useful info.

Update your setup script, and you will be able to install the mupen64plus-testing emulators. I found that the mupen64plus- testing with the gles plug in runs the best overall, while the rice plugin runs Zelda better. MANY GAMES WILL NOT RUN PROPERLY NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO. That said, the Pi2 will do better than the B+ – you should set the overclock to “Pi2”. My memory setting is 256MB.

labelwhore
    Participant

N64 will not work well on a B+, it simply isn’t fast enough.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.