Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mookystank
    Participant

I’m building a RetroPie for my brother’s graduation present, and I’m running into issues with the N64 emulator. Now, I’ve read that N64 emulation is pretty difficult for the pi, but what’s throwing me off is how effortlessly it seems to be running PSX games. I’ve tried various different suggestions from the internet, including reducing the memory split to the GPU (which, annoyingly, also resulted in failure to properly load themes) and overclocking with various specs, but nothing seems to improve much of anything. I either get a frame every 3 or 4 seconds, or I am treated to glitchiness, with half-rendered objects and flashing black frames. At this point, I’ve got everything back to default to keep from creating new problems.

Is there anything to be done about this? Has anyone successfully run this emulator through EmulationStation?

dannybhoy67
    Participant

The only game I can run in a ‘playable’ state is Mario64.

I know Goldeneye, for example, will almost 100% never be playable on the Pi, however, I’d love to be able to run Mario Kart 64 (in a playable state) and bonus points if I could do it split screen 2 player!

This would make my setup feel complete.

trimmtrabb
    Participant

There’s a thread over at raspberrypi.org that may have some tips for slightly better performance but don’t expect miracles

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.