Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    evilgenius
    Participant

Hi all. I’m very confused. I have RetroPie running games just fine, except in-game saves aren’t working. After some googling I have come to the conclusion that this is because I’m not exiting the emulations correctly. For whatever reason, I can’t F4 to console whilst in an emulation, and I haven’t got anything mapped to the joypad to exit.

So I do more googling, only to find that everyone’s talking about two files – ‘retroarch.cfg’ and ‘es_input.cfg’. I’m looking at the entire directory tree for RetroPie via CyberDuck and I don’t have either of these files. The simplest way to remap my controller would be to remove es_input.cfg, but I don’t have this file to remove! Do I have an older/newer version to everyone else where the files and directories are different?

trimmtrabb
    Participant

Locations of binaries/configs etc have changed since RetroPie 2.x see here:

Major Update for RetroPie

evilgenius
    Participant

Still confused. The directory structure visible in Cyber duck doesn’t match what I can see though the command line. E.g. I can’t see the /opt/retropie/config or /opt/retropie/emulators directories at all, which is where retroarch.cfg is. This is a pain because I wanted to edit the file on a GUI, not through shell script as I barely know it.

Aside from that I’ve added two lines to retroarch.cfg through shell script:

Input_enable_hotkey_btn = “11”
    Input_exit_emulator_btn = “10”

This aparrently should allow me to exit the emulator using select and start, but it doesn’t work.

evilgenius
    Participant

Never mind, I found it. Once opened in the GUI I could see that my shell command hadn’t included the quotes when it appended the file. Just got to try it now…

trimmtrabb
    Participant

sudo nano /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg will let you edit it

Floob

This may also help you with save games

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.