Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

RPi 2 Model B
    Latest RetroPie image with everything updated
    Audio – speakers via 3.5mm jack

When using mupen64plus-gles2n64/gles2rice/GLideN64 there is no sound output and the controls are not quite how I want them. lr-mupen64plus has sound output and proper controls, but in Mario Kart 64 the graphics are screwed up, the shadows in Star Fox are messed up, and Super Mario 64 is just plain laggy.

What do I need to do to get the sound working? I looked in the mupen64plus config file but didn’t see anything…

Thanks!

labelwhore
    Participant

Just an FYI you won’t get great performance on most n64 games. The pi just isn’t up to the task of emulating most 3D systems.

You should be able to fix the audio output however. I imagine it’s most likely working, but probably being output on the HDMI jack as is the default as far as I know.

gizmo98
    Participant

Use audio-sdl audio plugin and reduce screen resolution to VGA.

mw99
    Participant

[quote=118248]Just an FYI you won’t get great performance on most n64 games. The pi just isn’t up to the task of emulating most 3D systems.

You should be able to fix the audio output however. I imagine it’s most likely working, but probably being output on the HDMI jack as is the default as far as I know.

[/quote]
    The actual game performance when using gles2n64 isn’t that bad. I have set the audio to go out the 3.5mm jack in the RetroPie setup and raspi-config. The sound works fine on other emulators.

[quote=118252]Use audio-sdl audio plugin and reduce screen resolution to VGA.

[/quote]
    Would I switch that in the mupen64plus config? How would I go about changing the resolution to VGA?

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.