Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kinget
    Participant

Hi guys!

I planned on migrate from the regular B model to the B+ this week, and at the same time upgrading my old SD card to a 64gb CARD.

I bought everything I needed: the unit and a SanDisk Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-I 64gb card.
    Cloned my current SD card containing RetroPie with win32diskimager to an image, then applied the image to the new card.
    The next step would be to simply plug in the card into the new B+ unit, and then do some firmware updates.
    However, the card doesnt seem to boot at all. I don’t even get a signal to my TV through the HDMI Cable.

My first though was “either the unit itself is a faulty one, or the card isnt compatible with the unit”.

I popped out the sd card, plugged it into the adapter (that was included in the package) and put it in the old Raspberry unit.
    Worked flawless!

Making sure that there wasn’t anything wrong with the B+ unit, I did a fresh Raspberry install and it worked nicely.

Am I missing something here?
    Can I prepare the card for the B+ somehow from the old unit?
    Or am I supposed to reinstall Everything manually?

InsecureSpike
    Participant

firstly the f/w and kernel update needs to be done on your old B board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trimmtrabb
    Participant

Try doing the updates on the old B first then and again.

kinget
    Participant

Cool! Will try it out!

Exactly what commands am I supposed to run?

InsecureSpike
    Participant

sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get upgrade;

zsprawl
    Participant

[quote=19247]Cool! Will try it out!

Exactly what commands am I supposed to run?
    [/quote]

sudo rpi-update
    sudo reboot
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Kinget, I am in the same position as you but never had the Raspberry Pi B… Did you get your working, if so, what did you do?

How am I going to get mine working without having a Model B?

kinget
    Participant

[quote=82610]Kinget, I am in the same position as you but never had the Raspberry Pi B… Did you get your working, if so, what did you do?

How am I going to get mine working without having a Model B?
    [/quote]

Hrrmm, this was a while ago. But if I remember correctly, i started from scratch.
    No upgrades or such..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Figured it out by cobbling together a few youtube videos and tutorials!

kinget
    Participant

[quote=82635]Figured it out by cobbling together a few youtube videos and tutorials![/quote]

Great!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.