Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project menu moves on its own 3.0 beta 4

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    theroamer
    Participant

Just a quirk i’m having with 3.0 beta 4, if I leave it alone and don’t touch the controller, the menu moves on its own every few minutes, sometimes to the right, sometimes to the left. Occasionally it will do this while I’m scrolling though games and shift me over to another emulator menu. Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to stop it?

What controller are you using? Try disconnecting the controller and see if it still does it. Mine also does it sometimes. I think the controller is sensitive.

theroamer
    Participant

Using an iBuffalo classic with the SNES layout. I’ll unplug and see if it’s still happening.

That’s the exact controller I use and it happens to me too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Same problem with that controller, random inputs in emulation station menu, it’s weird…

dankcushions
    Participant

i get the same problem with the same controller too :) i thought it might be just one (i have 4 plugged in), but it sounds like it’s just a thing that happens with these controllers.

it’s strange, because the buttons aren’t sticky or sensitive, so i assume it’s just the electronics sending the signal at random.

a way i thought emulationstation could get around it would be to ignore button presses that are just one milisecond (or whatever minimum signal is possible through USB), as my guess is that would ignore all these weird missfires, but still pick up normal button presses from a real person!

I raised a ticket on emulation station’s github: https://github.com/Aloshi/EmulationStation/issues/470

labelwhore
    Participant

With a problem of this nature, I’d suspect a power issue. Have your tested the controller with a pc?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.