Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project [Megadrive/Picodrive] region change?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nemo93
    Participant

Hello Guys,

my first post here on this forum \o/ Hence I’d like first to thank all the people for the incredible work done on the Retropie project including emulators, themes and the always supportive community. Really amazing project on a really amazing pi-ece of hardware!!

As many I’ve installed the Retropie image (latest/1.9.1) from PetRock’s website on my RaspPi. So far so good.

Now my question would be as follows: how to provide a specific region to Picodrive’s core? It looks possible to pass a ‘Region’ parameter according to https://github.com/libretro/picodrive/blob/master/platform/base_readme.txt but I have no idea where and how to do that. I’ve looked in the rGUI after launching a rom but no success. I’d like to play some games in their Japanese versions as they’re running faster or with subtle (yet minor) differences.

I got the same question for other systems as well (PiSnes for instance). thanks for your help!

ThomaS

gizmo98
    Participant

There could be a core option. Try this:

Super Game Boy in RetroPie

nemo93
    Participant

Hi Gizmo,

I do confirm that the options I’m looking for were not present in Retroarch rGUI. I’ve looked everywhere under each item of the menu but just nothing about a region changer or country selector :(

hopefully in an upcoming retroarch release or picodrive core update!!

cheers,

nemo93
    Participant

Bump! I’ve not switched to Retropie v2 yet so perhaps the core option is there now? anyone? I’ll have more time this weekend to check that by myself if I got no answer

EDIT: ok I’ve switched to Retropie 2 and I confirm it still not possible to select region under retroarch/picodrive core options… I’ll try to compile the picodrive core by myself but I trust petrock did everything properly so I’m afraid there is no solution to address this yet. Perhaps with the next retroarch release? wait & see :)

nemo93
    Participant

Hello there,

I might getting closer as it turns out a “region” or “region_detection” can be seen in the “/opt/retropie/configs/all.retroarch-core-options.cfg” file. The thing is that I’m not sure what value(s) I have to set :( Is it “japan” or “ntsc-j” or “J”?? I don’t know…yet! I’ll update this post if I find something.
    cheers,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.