Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    trimmtrabb
    Participant

Hi guys, experiencing some slow down running Mame4all-pi, usually when there are a lot of moving sprites on screen. Don’t think I had this issue when I first ran it so bit puzzled that it has started slowing down now, running The Simpsons Arcade for example. I haven’t made many changes to mame.cfg, only controls, and haven’t changed any of my overclock settings (1000mhz OC) or hardware either.

Any ideas of what could be causing this?

cacophony555
    Participant

You could try exiting emulation station the using “top” to see how much CPU is being utilized by other processes. Give it a second to settle from the intitial launch of top and take take a look at the top processes in the list. They shouldn’t total more than about 1%.

If there’s nothing occupying CPU then my guess would be it’s a performance issue that was always there, but you might not have it experienced it yet (or noticed). I’ve definitely observed roms have slowdowns in certain areas where it’s not consistently reproducible. Your perception of performance can also be influenced by expectations, so it’s hard to be scientific with these types of tests. You could try turning on a fps display to see if it drops (not sure if mame4all has one).

gizmo98
    Participant

I don’t know what causes your problem. But you could lower the resolution.

COMMAND=$rootdir/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 1 “$rootdir/emulators/mame4all-pi/mame %BASENAME%”

trimmtrabb
    Participant

thanks guys i’ll try your suggestions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.