Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project MAME4ALL-pi : How to configure the controller

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Usul Pillar
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am facing a problem setup MAME4ALL-PI.
    Helped by Trimmtrabb and the community in general, I found like you all after several days of tests that MAME4ALL-PI emulator was better than those included by default in Retropie.
    Although the list of Roms is more limited, but games work perfectly .

But unlike other emulators, I can not find the config file which allows me to run my controller on the RPI . ( Paddle with PCB Zero- delay)
    I find that when I start a game, if I press TAB, I can configure my controller in the interface options MAME4ALL-PI, but once out of the game, my settings are not saved.

Anyone know where it is the config file that would finally determine the configuration of my controller ?

PS : I’m french , sorry for my bad english

trimmtrabb
    Participant

Hi, you need to create a directory /cfg for the settings to save:

mkdir /home/pi/RetroPie/emulators/mame4all-pi/cfg

Hope this helps

Usul Pillar
    Participant

Thank you very much Trimmtrabb. it works perfectly.

I liked that the configuration files are readable to adjust by hand.
    Is this possible?

trimmtrabb
    Participant

I don’t think so, tried editing with nano but they are unreadable

Usul Pillar
    Participant

Ok, thank you for help

dannybhoy67
    Participant

Is there absolutely no way to edit the input config by hand?

I have an arcade controller that I have working on all other emulators, but can’t get the joystick to be picked up by MAME4ALL-pi.

I’m pretty sure it is because the axes are using inputs 4 +/- and 5 +/- instead of the usual 0 +/- and 1 +/- like my PS3 analogue sticks.

I have overcome this issue in other emulators – pifba for example – by manually changing the left, right, up and down axes to 4 and 5 instead of 0 and 1.

Any thoughts?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.