Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Can anyone tell me how to make my own image of the SD card once I get everything set just the way I want it? That way, if something corrupts or messes up I could just flash and reload the SD card without having to set all the I/O stuff up again.
    This would be particularly helpful when I get into more complex controller setups like the 360.

I know I can make individual backups of key files, but I believe a full image of the SD card would be the most effective path.

Any help is appreciated!

cloudhaacker
    Participant

I use win32diskimager – http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
    The only downside is an image is the full size of your card, regardless of how much is on it. I use an 8 GB sd card for Raspbmc and for Retropie, and they are nowhere near full, but an image is still 8 GB. The good news is, once that image is made you can zip it with 7zip or whatever your preferred archiving program is and it will only take up a fraction, because it can compress all that unused space in the image. My last backup of Raspbmc zipped is only 669 MB, but unzipped is 8 GB. I hate having to rescan all my movies and shows, this helps a lot! Hope it helps you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.