Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Making an off button with a momentary switch

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gentlemanfinn
    Participant

Hello all.

I want to put my raspberry pi 2 in an old nes I found. I have been playing around with the pi in the past, but i was not satisfied with the result. I have desided to try again and this time do alot more then just monkey around with it.

Thats why i want to follow a guide I found on raspberry pi geek: http://www.raspberry-pi-geek.com/Archive/2013/01/Adding-an-On-Off-switch-to-your-Raspberry-Pi

The reset button should not be a problem, but i dont know enough about electronics to know if the guide on the momentary switch also works on the raspberry pi 2.

For all i know the resistor is wrong or there is some hidden trap ind the code that would make the pi die on me.

I have bought the materiales and have it assemblet, but i would like to get some confimation before i do the rest.

Hope to hear from some og you :)

labelwhore
    Participant

The resistor value actually doesn’t matter that much for the shutdown circuit. Just about any resistor will work. I think I used 220 Ohm, but I just picked it out of a bag of random resistors. I’m using just a single resistor between the GPIO pin and ground 3.3v. Both the reset button and this simple shutdown circuit do work on the PI2, I’m using both.

gentlemanfinn
    Participant

Nice to know. I thought that the resistor had to be a specific value to work.

Ill try this as soon as posible :)

One thing Im still worried about is the code described on the later pages. Is it plug and play or do i have to rewrite parts og it?

My knowledge on code is very basic and i usually just copy and paste what i need. I have only tried to tweek the layout in the different emulators.

labelwhore
    Participant

My earlier post was slightly wrong, the resistor I’m using is between the GPIO pin and 3.3v. I just double checked.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.