Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Logitech F710 not working for mame

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    swnam
    Participant

Hi,

I just set up RetroPie on RaspBerry Pi B+. I have a Logitech F710 connected to it and while it seems to work just fine for SNES and N64, it doesn’t seem to work at all on mame.
    Is there anything other than configuring retroarch.cfg to get it working with mame?

Thanks.

dudleydes
    Participant

The code for mame4all-pi rejects controllers with more than 6 axes. There is a fix at the wiki:

Setting Up a PS3 controller for mame4all-pi

You should be able to check whether the F710 has more than 6 axes by using the jstest tool. It’s worthwhile doing so as recompiling mame4all can take 3 to 4 hours.

You may also want to try using the F710 in DirectInput mode before recompiling. More info at Logitech support.

Using the input mode switch on the F710 to select DirectInput or XInput

swnam
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.

jstest reports that F710 has 6 axis, so I assume that’s not an issue.
    Switching to DirectInout mode didn’t help, either.
    Does mame4all-pi inherits the configuration from retropie or do I need to configure it explicitly?

Thanks

dudleydes
    Participant

You can configure your controller by launching a ROM, pressing TAB on a keyboard to bring up the MAME UI and selecting Input (general) or Input (this game).

Forum member Floob has created a video that demonstrates this.

Configuring MAME with USB controller

swnam
    Participant

That was it! Configuring the controller in MAME did the trick. Thank you so much for the tip!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.