Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • doogal
    Participant
    Post count: 5

    Afternoon all,

    As per title, I am trying to deal with the multi disk games available for the psx and think I am getting somewhere currently but the library is a bit of a mess.

    I could manually edit the metadata to show disk numbers to list properly (at this point disk 2 is first, then disk 3 and finally 1) but what I would REALLY like is to only have the first disk show and then manage disk swaps through RGUI when it needs it through direct file names from the SD/USB stick.

    Any thoughts? Is this even possible?

    Thanks!

    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Post count: 63

    I make EmulationStation only display .cue and .m3u files. That works great to show only one entry for each bin/cue pair. For multi-disk games, I create an m3u file that points to renamed .cue files. I change them to something like .cu2 so that EmulationStation won’t display them. Then you can sway disks in the RGUI.

    I found instructions for this in the Libretro wiki for the Mednafen emulator I use on my PC. The same thing works with the lr-PCSX-rearmed emulator in RetroPie.
    http://wiki.libretro.com/index.php?title=Beetle/Mednafen_PSX

    labelwhore
    Participant
    Post count: 526

    There’s a topic around here that shows how to combine psx .iso files into a single file. Personally, I just put the disk number in the filename and edit the metadata to match.

    eric90000
    Participant
    Post count: 6

    [quote=116300]I make EmulationStation only display .cue and .m3u files. That works great to show only one entry for each bin/cue pair. For multi-disk games, I create an m3u file that points to renamed .cue files. I change them to something like .cu2 so that EmulationStation won’t display them. Then you can sway disks in the RGUI.
    [/quote]

    I was wondering if this would work in EmulationStation! I have done this previously on the Openemu app on osx. Same thing, you create a .m3u playlist file that points to each .cue file (which in turn point to their corresponding .bin files). This allowed multi disk switching through the GUI. I’ve only started using a Raspberry Pi and Retropie but I’ll try this out! If it works it should probably be a pinned post, as there will be no need to convert any bin files into pbp’s.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.