Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Ideas for Further Enhancements Leave es_systems.cfg edits when installing emulators

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    labelwhore
    Participant

Every time I install an emulator, my es_systems.cfg file gets messed up. I don’t like the default order the emulators show up in. Ordering them alphabetically by name makes no sense to me. I like them to be ordered by make, then by release date of the console. (Or as close to that as I can get, anyway.) However, every time I install an emulator, they go back to alphabetical order. I would like to have an option for new emulators added to the end of the list, and reinstalled ones to be placed exactly where they are in the list currently.

Probably a tall order, but something I would love to see.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

You could use a custom config – copy it to ~/.emulationstation/ and it will not be touched (you will have to manually keep it up to date then)

labelwhore
    Participant

Cool, thanks! Keeping it up to date isn’t an issue. I’m not adding any more emulators at this point, so I just want it to stay the way it is while I’m tweaking things. :P

herbfargus
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.