Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Launch custom script form Emulation Station

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    devil78
    Participant

Hi all. I’ve made a custom menu for Emulation Station, used to launch my personal bash script wich use dialog to show informations on the screen. It’s worked perfectly with Retropie 3.3 and earlier versions but, don’t work with 3.4 and 3.5.
    The script is closed as if I hold the Escape key… Any Suggestions ?

Can i use runcommand.sh to launch my script?

Thanks

robertybob
    Participant

I would assume the reason would be that RP now runs on Jessie? That’s the only major change since 3.3 that I can think of that could use your issue.

devil78
    Participant

Thanks for tha answer, but i think the problem is another… i will try to fix by me !!!

labelwhore
    Participant

For what it’s worth, I have a bunch of .sh scripts I launch from within ES. I don’t use runcommand for them and they work fine. The launch command in es_systems.cfg is simply bash %ROM%. I’m on retropie 3.3 Jessie.

devil78
    Participant

shre labelwhore but i’m on Retropie 3.5 and they don’t work for me!!!

labelwhore
    Participant

I just meant to point out that it couldn’t simply be a Jessie issue. Something else is at play here.

tipoto
    Participant

Some bash commands sometime need additional flag depending on the distro you use. Maybe it’s not the case here, but you never know, you should try to debug your scripts to see if there is any command that doesn’t work anymore.

devil78
    Participant

It’s work when i try to launch from a command line.

devil78
    Participant

I’m, partly solved, only scripts wich use dialog don’t work. I will try whiptail!!!

zerojay
    Participant

That’s odd because almost everything in RetroPie-Setup is done using Dialog so…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.