Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Keyboard Layout Issues on new Pi2 v3.0

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    theguyonthecouch
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’m hoping that I’m just overlooking something, but I can’t get the new version to change my keyboard layout from UK layout to US layout (so many of my special characters don’t work). I’ve tried changing everything in the internationalization area of raspi-config, but for some reason it doesn’t seem to be working this time. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

drvenkman
    Participant

I ran into the English (UK) keyboard bit myself earlier tonight. I was able to fix it with raspi-config. Did you run it as superuser?

theguyonthecouch
    Participant

[quote=92767]I ran into the English (UK) keyboard bit myself earlier tonight. I was able to fix it with raspi-config. Did you run it as superuser?[/quote]

Yes I ran it with sudo. Chose US UTF-8, I believe…which did you use? Also, are you using the new v3.0 version? Thanks!

drvenkman
    Participant

Yes, I am using the 3.0 beta just freshly downloaded tonight. I am using an older Logitech multimedia keyboard that came with my son’s gaming rig about 8 or 9 years ago, so I selected “Logitech Multimedia Keyboard” and just standard U.S. defaults for everything else.

(For what it’s worth, I realized the defaults were fubar when I tried to comment out a line in /boot/config.txt and kept getting the symbol for Pounds-Sterling, lol.)

theguyonthecouch
    Participant

Hmm okay thanks. I tried again and am getting the same results (keymap isn’t being changed). I chose several different keyboard combos…wonder what I could be doing wrong? I haven’t had this issue in prior versions (using the same generic USB keyboard).

theguyonthecouch
    Participant

Hmm, found out that if I did this step at the same time that I resized the partition and rebooted…it worked. Never seen that before…shrug. :)

tank
    Participant

i had the issue as well, als i wasnt able to change the password of the user “pi” neither with passwd nor wirh the raspi-config.
    i had problems with changing timezone and keymap too.

but then i realised my rpi hasnt had an ethernet connection. i connected it proberly again and everything was working again…

?!?!

seebach
    Participant

[quote=92815]but then i realised my rpi hasnt had an ethernet connection. i connected it proberly again and everything was working again…[/quote]

I had the same exact issue, tried to set things many, many times and failed every time.

I connected Ethernet and suddenly all the changes worked. This is a bit frustrating because i was changing the keymap when trying to edit the wpa config to get online without a network cable to begin with.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.