Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Issues with Mupen64plus Cheats on 3.0 B1 or B2?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    pulpblogger
    Participant

I was able to hack cheats to work with 2.6 by modifying the runcommand for mupen64plus. I tried with BETA 1 and now with a fresh BETA 2 and keep getting a Segmentation Fault error.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

If you reach this post looking for cheats, here is how they *should* work for Mupen64plus:

– Download https://raw.githubusercontent.com/libretro/mupen64plus-libretro/master/mupen64plus-core/data/mupencheat.txt and place it in /opt/retropie/configs/n64
    – Run /opt/retropie/emulators/mupen64plus/bin/mupen64plus –cheats list “/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/n64/Whatever ROM You Want To Cheat.z64”

You should then get a readout of the cheats available & make note of the ones you want to use.

Now, this is the part that is the “hack”, you must add an “emulator” to the list of run commands in /opt/retropie/configs/n64/emulators.cfg

I am trying to hack the cheating AI in Mario Kart 64 but I thought it would be best to start with a working cheat code (infinite stars). So I added this line:

mupen64plus-gles2n64-mkcheat=”/opt/retropie/emulators/mupen64plus/bin/mupen64plus –noosd –fullscreen –gfx mupen64plus-video-n64.so –configdir /opt/retropie/configs/n64 –datadir /opt/retropie/configs/n64 –cheats 0-3 %ROM%”

This is exactly like the mupen64plus-gles2n64 line EXCEPT, I modified the text before the = sign (adding mkcheat) and added the command-line option for the cheat at the end, though before the %ROM% variable. The 0 represents the number of the cheat code (Infinite Items) and the 3 represents the option (Invincibility Star) which gives us –cheats 0-3.

Now, what this does is give you an additional “emulator” to choose from when you configure the game/emu by hitting X or M after launching from EmulationStation. Change the default emulator+rom option to the “mkcheat” version and mupen should attempt to launch with cheats enabled.

pulpblogger
    Participant

I spoke too soon, it seems some of the codes work without producing the segmentation fault error. Digging deep into Google search results came up with at least one other person experiencing the issue under Ubuntu but there did not seem to be an actual resolution.

Marking this as resolved as it does not appear to be specific to RetroPie.

Hopefully someone will at least the cheat workaround I posted above helpful.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.