Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

I think I might have a slight issue with certain GBA roms. Under 3.0b2, I was finding that roughly 50% of my roms were segfaulting, and roughly 50% were working. I think I’ve narrowed it down to a point where I found that the ones segfaulting were ones that contained a “#” in the filename. Output of runcommand.log is as follows:

/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: line 671: 2333 Segmentation fault /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-gpsp/gpsp_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/gba/retroarch.cfg "/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gba/Advanced Wars # GBA.GBA" --appendconfig /tmp/retroarch.cfg

The strange thing is, roms that worked under 2.6 don’t work under 3.0b2 – does it have anything to do with the “#” in the rom name? When I used the “rename” utility to rename these, it seemed to work. Behavior seems to be the same under lr-gpsp and gpsp.

What does the “#” in a rom name signify, anyway?

Thanks!

garrettmiller
    Participant

Added as a possible issue to Github repo:

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/832

labelwhore
    Participant

Why on earth is there a pound sign in the filename? That’s asking for trouble if you ask me. I’d use a bulk renaming tool to remove any of those from any filename.

Those are commonly used to comment out code, they will cause problems.

garrettmiller
    Participant

I’m not sure – that’s just something about the way they came. Oddly enough, they all worked fine under 2.6 – so I’m not sure what might have changed. I did do a mass-rename and they seem to be working now, I just thought it was noteworthy that they seemed to work under 2.6 and not 3.0b2.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.