Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wolf9545
    Participant

Sorry if this is not the correct section to post this in. I was not really too sure where to put this.

I want to make a box for a joystick, six buttons and a trackball (along with the coin / start player etc) that also houses the Raspberry Pi 2. That way I can set it on a table / my lap and play arcade games while it is connected to my TV.

What my main question is I also want to make a second player box with the joystick and six buttons. I will be connecting both boxes together via two ethernet cables. On both boxes will be this keystone wall plate and two RJ-45 keystones. That way when I want to have the second player play, all I have to do is take two ethernet cables (they will be two different colors and the keystone jack color will match the ethernet colors so no wrong connections) and connect the control boxes together. If I use 10′ ethernet cables (room for each person to sit near each other) will there be any lag on the second persons controller inputs?

labelwhore
    Participant

This sounds like a pretty unique setup. My personal opinion is that cable length would have an extremely limited impact on input lag. What would have a larger effect is the other hardware and software involved.

Where cable length could have an impact would be signal degradation, but at 10′, there should be no issue at all.

wolf9545
    Participant

I figured that but I thought I would ask first. My idea is that I then can use standard cables along with standard connections so I don’t have to spend a ton of money on a special connection between the two controllers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.